• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Metal Men 1 - Is CGC off?

12 posts in this topic

This is one of those technical VF 8.0 books that don't look so good to the eye. There is foxing front and back cover and a production crease back cover.

Probably one of those 7.5/8.0 tweeners that got lucky.

Dan

The grader probably got lucky the night before and was in a good mood.

Or tired.

Is that a scuff in the pink box at top of cover, or is that just on the case?

I think inconceivable is right on...it could have swung 7.5 or 8.0 based on the spine, and got the higher grade. According to other folks here, CGC doesn't even drop a book for foxing at this grade level, so the foxing shouldn't be a factor...which makes little sense to me, but there you go.

Is that a scuff in the pink box at top of cover, or is that just on the case?

I think inconceivable is right on...it could have swung 7.5 or 8.0 based on the spine, and got the higher grade. According to other folks here, CGC doesn't even drop a book for foxing at this grade level, so the foxing shouldn't be a factor...which makes little sense to me, but there you go.

The scuff is on the case. To me, a 7.5 is generous based on appearance (not very glossy and foxing). Oh well. Now I can crack it open and read it. acclaim.gif