• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Civil War Art - Speculation and Spoiler Warnings

86 posts in this topic

I've heard offers of as much as 10k for the right page from Superman 75...and said offer was rejected.

But Spider-Man didn't die...this 'event' is not really all that special is it? confused-smiley-013.gif

But I would argue that this is almost on par with it., if not on par with it. And honestly, his identity being revealed will probably have a much longer lasting effect on the Marvel Universe.

You really think so?

I seriously doubt it, as there are a lot less people reading comics now than there were back in the early 90's. Add that to the fact that Marvel now has two universe's going on (in one of which Spidey's identity is still secret) and it really all adds up to something very unlikely to have a major impact long term. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've heard offers of as much as 10k for the right page from Superman 75...and said offer was rejected.

But Spider-Man didn't die...this 'event' is not really all that special is it? confused-smiley-013.gif

But I would argue that this is almost on par with it., if not on par with it. And honestly, his identity being revealed will probably have a much longer lasting effect on the Marvel Universe.

You really think so?

I seriously doubt it, as there are a lot less people reading comics now than there were back in the early 90's. Add that to the fact that Marvel now has two universe's going on (in one of which Spidey's identity is still secret) and it really all adds up to something very unlikely to have a major impact long term. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thta's a good point as well. Have you read anything about what is to happen in the next year at Marvel? I don't want to spoil anything - if you want some links/info, PM me.

I seriously doubt it, as there are a lot less people reading comics now than there were back in the early 90's.

Well...there are less books being sold. The early 90's was the era of " I have to have 25 copies of that book....you know...to pay for my kid's college education"

The sales are down dramatically, but I don't know if that equates 1 to 1 with a loss in readership. Speculators never read the books anyway.

Add that to the fact that Marvel now has two universe's going on (in one of which Spidey's identity is still secret) and it really all adds up to something very unlikely to have a major impact long term.

This I can agree with...I don't think the effect will be long term....but then again Superman was only dead about a year.

In comics world when someone stays dead as long as, say, Iron Fist before he is brought back...it is a miracle. "Long Term Effect" is a relative term.

Chris

In comics world when someone stays dead as long as, say, Iron Fist before he is brought back...it is a miracle. "Long Term Effect" is a relative term.

Chris

Or Aunt May. Oh, wait, never mind.

At least they let Gwen RIP and didn't mess with her. Oh, yeah, never mind on that either.

Well, they'll never bring back Norman Osborne. What?????????

Uncle Ben, anyone.

Chris

Or Aunt May. Oh, wait, never mind.

At least they let Gwen RIP and didn't mess with her. Oh, yeah, never mind on that either.

Well, they'll never bring back Norman Osborne. What?????????

Uncle Ben, anyone.

Sums Marvel up nicely. 27_laughing.gif