• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Strange Adventures #16, Easter Island Cover

15 posts in this topic

Thanks guys - it was graded by the seller as a VG, but I thought it was closer to the fine level. The pages are almost white too! Yeah, I really love that cover!

Shawn

It's how it was factory mis-cut - note no "roll". What do you see that I'm not about the spine?

I assumed that there was no roll, despite the visual evidence to the contrary . . . flowerred.gif

The dirty white band, the apparent surface wear and creasing along the spine is what bothers me. A Fine range book shouldn't exhibit these traits . . . imho grin.gif

It's how it was factory mis-cut - note no "roll". What do you see that I'm not about the spine?

I assumed that there was no roll, despite the visual evidence to the contrary . . . flowerred.gif

The dirty white band, the apparent surface wear and creasing along the spine is what bothers me. A Fine range book shouldn't exhibit these traits . . . imho grin.gif

I guess spine rolls are subjective - to me, there's very little as I've had so many golden age books with ridiculous rolls. Of course, in the more modern era one could say this book has a slight roll. Where do you see creasing on the spine? I'll admit it's dirty, and I'm not saying this is a full on "fine" or anything, I just think it's nicer than the VG price I paid for it.

The angled miscut slightly drives me crazier than the mis-wrap... insane.gif

I guess spine rolls are subjective - to me, there's very little as I've had so many golden age books with ridiculous rolls. Of course, in the more modern era one could say this book has a slight roll. Where do you see creasing on the spine? I'll admit it's dirty, and I'm not saying this is a full on "fine" or anything, I just think it's nicer than the VG price I paid for it.

The angled miscut slightly drives me crazier than the mis-wrap... insane.gif

I agree. . . nice score! flowerred.gif

Light spine creasing (from top):

Center "A"

Lower tine, top staple

Center Head

Top Lip Head

Bottom Lip Head

Top Chin

Bottom Chin

Upper tine, lower staple

Center Man's arm