• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.S.S. #4 awesomeness!

14 posts in this topic

Glad to hear issue 4 finally came out. Can't wait to pick up a copy later tonight, as my job delays my Wednesday LCS trip. (Stupid 9-6 job interfering in my comic enjoyment sumo.gif ) Although it has been like 10 weeks since issue 3 came out so I suppose I can wait a little longer.

I haven't enjoyed a Superman title this much in quite a while 893applaud-thumb.gif

This book was an excellent read. This was probably the ultimate homage to the Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen comic. Also, the head of P.R.O.J.E.C.T. must be an alien or some illegimate offspring of Willy Wonka and Darkseid. I sense much evil in that guy!!!

Now if ASB&R were this good....

As a note, all the A.S.S. #4 books that hit the LCS here had a crease along the spine and another about 1 and 1/2 inches in. Anybody else have this happen to them?

This book was an excellent read. This was probably the ultimate homage to the Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen comic. Also, the head of P.R.O.J.E.C.T. must be an alien or some illegimate offspring of Willy Wonka and Darkseid. I sense much evil in that guy!!!

Now if ASB&R were this good....

As a note, all the A.S.S. #4 books that hit the LCS here had a crease along the spine and another about 1 and 1/2 inches in. Anybody else have this happen to them?

I would have to agree with you here. This was a joy-filled-romp-homage to all the Jimmy Olsen Superman's Pal

of old. As to the "spine crease" and other problem, not on mine. Has anyone else notice the "playfull continuity

shift" that continues to be in each book???( see if you can find it in the issue. ) This will end up being the best

book of 2,006 IMHO.

[quo Has anyone else notice the "playfull continuity

shift" that continues to be in each book???( see if you can find it in the issue. ) This will end up being the best

book of 2,006 IMHO.

you mean the reference to being immune to green-k, ala the New Adventures Superman books from the 70's?

As to best book, it's tough to compare the 2 as they are so different, but Ultimates 2 kicks so much [embarrassing lack of self control] every issue. Those 2 would be my top.

I was thinking the continuity shift was the appearance of Doomsday. The black kryptonite was cool. Maybe next issue they'll find some pink, silver, ultraviolet, or lamb&turkey kryptonite. And the "I Love Lucy" image evoked the logo from the TV show, which I thought was a moon. But it's a heart, and written in -script. I think I was thinking of The Honeymooners.

[quo Has anyone else notice the "playfull continuity

book of 2,006 IMHO.

you mean the reference to being immune to green-k, ala the New Adventures Superman books from the 70's?

As to best book, it's tough to compare the 2 as they are so different, but Ultimates 2 kicks so much [embarrassing lack of self control] every issue. Those 2 would be my top.

No thats not the ones I found. Hint: they happen after this event.

I was thinking the continuity shift was the appearance of Doomsday. The black kryptonite was cool. Maybe next issue they'll find some pink, silver, ultraviolet, or lamb&turkey kryptonite. And the "I Love Lucy" image evoked the logo from the TV show, which I thought was a moon. But it's a heart, and written in -script. I think I was thinking of The Honeymooners.

No thats not it either. Hint:you are on the right page though.

After reading this post last night, this was the first comic I read when I got home. I enjoyed it. Morrison and Quitely are fantastic. I am not a long time Superman reader but I am familiar with Doomsday(same as anyone who was reading comics in 1993).

One question: can anyone give me a recap of issue 3?

Powergirlsb4.jpg

Lois Lane got to be superwoman for her birthday, then ran into hercules and samson, who tricked superman into helping them defeat an ancient sphinx-god who was after them for stealing... something... it was fun!

I do miss the kinetic energy and storytelling pacing that issue #1 had, though. That issue seemed to move very quickly compared to the last 3.

finally read this one last Friday night, I really enjoyed it, I loved how Morrison references silver age stories and characters such as he did with the "light ray creatures" in this issue.

I am seeing a trend here. #3 was more of Superman's Girlfriend Lois homage. And #4 is Jimmie Olsen. So, that leaves one to wonder what other "Super" books of the SA will they honor. I am thinking a World's Finest is coming up.