• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FB Question

9 posts in this topic

If you bought something online from a seller (whom shall remain nameless) and the seller later tells you that they are out of stock on that item and gives you a full refund for it, but you still have a feedback assignment for the item staring at you, what would you do? (And Im taking negative FB off the table because it was a timely refund with an appology)

A) Select Neutral and explain the out of stock/refund

B) Select Positive and explain the out of stock/refund

C) Select nothing and let it slide

confused-smiley-013.gif

If you bought something online from a seller (whom shall remain nameless) and the seller later tells you that they are out of stock on that item and gives you a full refund for it, but you still have a feedback assignment for the item staring at you, what would you do? (And Im taking negative FB off the table because it was a timely refund with an appology)

A) Select Neutral and explain the out of stock/refund

B) Select Positive and explain the out of stock/refund

C) Select nothing and let it slide

confused-smiley-013.gif

If you received a quick refund and an apology I would still give positive feedback. Inventory glitches happen and at least they didn't hold your money for a month before they gave it back. It sounds as if the seller made a legitimate mistake, realized this, quickly returned your money and said they were sorry. Sounds pretty professional in my book. I have left positive for items I have returned if the seller refunded my money and didn't give me a hassle over sending the item back. It is all about professionalism with me.

Scott

B

the Seller at least refunded you the money and acted in good faith which was displayed by refund. Had the Seller not refunded you the money OR you had to hound and scrap/fight/claw/cry-to-eBay-Paypal THEN you can neutral/neg whichever is appropriate.

A similar situation I faced this week and my feedback will show this:

Seller sold me a somewhat "junkie" comic - ASM 62 - he did NOT disclose that the comic was a "subscription" copy as the scan did not pick that up. But the Seller did say that he did not know how to grade comics, and I got it cheap. That Seller had posted me a positive right after payment and thus he left himself to be "hung out to dry" had I wanted to slam him for selling me junk. But I did not do so.

Other cases, a Seller advertizes a VF+ and it really is a F at best. I still give apositive because it is close - so long as the grade is not too far off.

NM cases: if it is at least VF+ 8.0/8.5 I let it go and still give a positive. If it is not close I then go the refund route. Upon refund, I still give a positive.

CAL hi.gif

Im going with B ...since the appology and refund happened quickly with great communication, also its a modern so it wasnt like a Silver Ager that I couldnt find anywhere else 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If a seller has refunded the money, kept good communication and apologized then the seller has kept up their part of the bargain. Sometimes, you have transactions that required refunds and this is one of the examples. Say something like, "Eventhough item was not in stock, seller did refund my money". Give him a positive for that and remember next time to ask the seller if it is in stock first.