• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is this forum starting to feel like Ebay? *DELETED*

171 posts in this topic

Overall I have had great experiences selling to members who are extremely nice. I have sold mid-high grade bronze bulk lots dirt cheap to members, and purchased tons of comics from various board members. What has left a bad taste in my mouth is the obvious personal attack that JC did to my key comics thread , even though most of those comics sold, he made it a point to bash my comics. The ethical thing to do if he didn't agree with the grading on any of my books was PM me and I would have more than likely corrected my listings if I agreed with his findings. I am very open minded and I like feedback on my items, via PM or the KUDOS THREAD. Since that incident I am somewhat hesitant to list any more items on this forum, what makes it a shame is that the majority of members like my listings and I usually sell out all my lots on the forum. I have been debating whether or not to post my Golden Age Batmans and 70's Bronze on the forum to members who have purchased from me in the past or just PM offers to members who are interested. Please let me know what you think I should do.

Thanks

Ben

quit selling on the CGC forum.

Old Guy got it right!!!

You just need to remember that JC is a better person then anyone here and that you will never meet his standards. You're just another liar, cheat, and thief. Welcome to the heathens club.

CAL popcorn.gif

Comicseekers posts:

No, they didn't deserve bashing, no-one deserves to be bashed on their selling thread. Maybe that's the way you work and treat people, not mine.

How do you treat others, Mr. comicseekers???

As a matter of fact the book he bashed sold. That does not mean that you did not overgrade it - you got lucky it sold

And I am NOT speaking for the majority of members, if you RE-READ my thread I am just asking for opinions.

CAL

I think that was actually the first sales thread I've ever bashed on grading.

The book was clearly over-graded and comicsucker here is a real goof who has trolled me on multiple occasions, then suddenly I post one negative remark and he curls up in a fetal position, like he's Christ reborn.

If want to act like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, insulting, berating and trolling me, then try to pawn off over-graded books, don't expect me to send flowers.

For once in my life I am rooting for JC!!!

CAL 27_laughing.gif

I'm new around here and just trying to get up to speed on the vagaries of board policies.

As I read through this post I find there is more than one issue being discussed which never is good for bringing about a succesfull change/improvement.

Some posters seem to feel that the FS/WTB forum is being overrun with sellers of non-interesting stuff. Without imposing bigtime restrictions, I don't know how you stop this apart from just not buying from them and letting them go away naturally if they don't learn/adapt.

Others seem to point to a problem of overgrading/overpricing. It is hard for everyone to agree exactly but if someone is posting, say, 1 pt above what you think it is graded then post that. If more than one post similarly then we begin to have consensus. The seller can respond, re-grade or withrdraw and move to the "please grade my book" forum. You must be true to yourself, but I would suggest constructive criticism when you post a counter grade rather than bashing. If some of those that consider themselves more experienced can exhibit patience and understanding you may be able to affect a more positve lasting change than bashing them.

Just my $0.02

I've bought tons of books from people here, and have had good experiences. I'm only after reading copies, though, so I fortunately get to avoid all the dickering over the grading.

One small bit of advice from my experience here: if there's a book you're interested in but the price seems a little high, PM the person and ask how firm the price is. I did that with the FF #1 I bought here last year, and what I paid was $150 less than the price that was originally posted for it, and got free shipping to boot.

I didn't PM the guy and tell him that it was overgraded and overpriced, I just asked how firm the price was. Over the next week, we arrived at a figure we were both happy with, and I've been a proud owner ever since. Maybe some people post their books with that in mind - the people who are truly interested in the book(s) will pursue them.

I see similar negotiating in people's BIN topics - "Throw in free shipping and I"ll take it." I don't mind that, but sometimes there seems to be a "We post on the same forum, so I should get this for half-price AND get free shipping (so I can flip them, of course)" mindset and expectation. I've got some pre-code crime, GA Batman & Superman, and Atlas JIM books that I'm hesitant to post on the forums for that very reason.

I think the market will take care of most people. If they overprice, overgrade, and poor customer service, their stuff doesn't sell andword gets out, just like it does if everything is good.

Have I mentioned that I'm a great way to get rid of your reading copies? grin.gifgrin.gif

You could always pm me the list. flowerred.gif

They're low/mid-grade, and most people around here don't collect low/mid-grade stuff.

Actually many of us collect low grade GA (and every other grade) because GA is cool in any grade. I too am happy to buy and trade for such.