• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Favorite Quote Thread™

58 posts in this topic

"Dude, don't listen to these guys. They may have nice comic collections, but they're all in prison. I'm paid by the government to sit here and supervise their discussions to make sure nothing "gets out of hand." Okay, that's not true. Greggy lives in a box. He signs on from a computer in a cyber-cafe around the corner from his little two-story cardboard castle." - Major Khaos

"I'm letting all the jive turkeys sink their money into graded comics while I sit back and wait for the market to nose dive. When that happens, AfroJoe's going to swoop in like white on Michael Jackson and take all the books he wants for pennies on the dollar. The specs will be reduced to rolling up my bell bottoms and licking my boots for pocket change. Solid." - Bugaboo

The Ultimate CGC Game -06/18/03

"I've got a better idea for this game. First, everyone who wants to participate must gather up every book they have in their collection and load it into their car (or truck, depending on how many books you have). Then, you must drive your collection at least 3 states away from where they are currently being stored. Once you arrive, you then build a stone temple in the shape of a pyramid. This temple must have a base that is exactly 9 square feet, and it must be precisely 9 feet tall at the point. You must then park your vehicle precisely 3 miles away from this temple and then make your way back to it while crawling on your hands and knees. Then, climb to the top of the temple, punch yourself in the nuts, and scream as loudly as you can, "I'm a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point for playing this game". Once you have accomplished this feat, walk back to your vehicle, drive back home, and put your comic collection back where it belongs. The first one to do this and come in here and post pictures of it, is declared a pathetic loser. The others must then drive back to their stone temple pyramid, destroy it, and take pictures to post for proof of its destruction. In the event of a tie where two or more people accomplish this feat and post their proof at the same time, then they must all drive 4 states away for round two and do the same thing. If, again, there is a tie, then those remaining will have to drive 5 states away for the third round, and so on. Good luck to all."- Bubaboo

"We don't want to mention it, because then people would know they're

in demand and then the price would go up! By pretending the books

don't exist, we keep demand low. The international secret cabal

to depress SSWS prices has been active for years!" - gozer

"Regardless of how clearly and purposefully you make a statement, you will eventually be misquoted. In fact, you probably shouldn't trust whatever name follows this sentence." -Colonel Sanders

I like this one... thumbsup2.gif

"Maybe I shouldn't make these posts while under the influence of a few cans of malted hops, at the risk of offending the high grade slab crowd who never read their comics, but frankly at this point I don't care if those types get offended. Spoken like a true HORROR addict, I must say: " I can't wait until 20 years from now, when (hopefully) there is no market for multi-thousand dollar horror books, and you old, greedy, "investment" nerds are all dead and rotting, so I can buy your collections at a reasonable price, READ YOUR BOOKS, drink my beer, and whiz on your tombstones.... alll at the same time... grin.gif" - precodekeith

"I regret that I have but one life to give to my comic" -- Me, (just now) grin.gif

The Ultimate CGC Game -06/18/03

"I've got a better idea for this game. First, everyone who wants to participate must gather up every book they have in their collection and load it into their car (or truck, depending on how many books you have). Then, you must drive your collection at least 3 states away from where they are currently being stored. Once you arrive, you then build a stone temple in the shape of a pyramid. This temple must have a base that is exactly 9 square feet, and it must be precisely 9 feet tall at the point. You must then park your vehicle precisely 3 miles away from this temple and then make your way back to it while crawling on your hands and knees. Then, climb to the top of the temple, punch yourself in the nuts, and scream as loudly as you can, "I'm a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point for playing this game". Once you have accomplished this feat, walk back to your vehicle, drive back home, and put your comic collection back where it belongs. The first one to do this and come in here and post pictures of it, is declared a pathetic loser. The others must then drive back to their stone temple pyramid, destroy it, and take pictures to post for proof of its destruction. In the event of a tie where two or more people accomplish this feat and post their proof at the same time, then they must all drive 4 states away for round two and do the same thing. If, again, there is a tie, then those remaining will have to drive 5 states away for the third round, and so on. Good luck to all."- Bubaboo

Hands down, one of the funniest things Bug ever posted on these boards... I remember when I first read this, I laughed my off!

"Maybe I shouldn't make these posts while under the influence of a few cans of malted hops, at the risk of offending the high grade slab crowd who never read their comics, but frankly at this point I don't care if those types get offended. Spoken like a true HORROR addict, I must say: " I can't wait until 20 years from now, when (hopefully) there is no market for multi-thousand dollar horror books, and you old, greedy, "investment" nerds are all dead and rotting, so I can buy your collections at a reasonable price, READ YOUR BOOKS, drink my beer, and whiz on your tombstones.... alll at the same time... grin.gif" - precodekeith

Good one. 27_laughing.gif I was going to post it.

27_laughing.gif I remember that one. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great idea! Most of my favorite quotes come from my favorite thread, the infamous Brulato-JC knock down. So many gems:

Tom Brulato:

How many of the people on this forum even own an X-MEN #94 in 9.4 or above?

Stop crying about the cut of the book or the centering and let the CGC do the job. That is why we have universal grading. Understand? That is a killer book plain and simple.

I wonder who these people are who have time to critique everybook on line. Very sad.

Joe Collector:

This book sucks the sweat off a dead monkey's butt.

Tom Brulato:

Money where my mouth is?

You might be suprised to know i own a 9.8 ASM #1 (yeah the one from 1963), a 9.8 X-MEN #1 9.4 FAN FOUR #1, 9.6 JIM #83, 9.6 TOS #39, 9.6 AVENGERS #1,

9.4 AMAZING FANTASY #15 9.6 DD #1 9.6 STRANGE TALES #101 9.6 TTA #35 and the highest graded copy of almost every other book in most of these runs.

What do you own sonny?

Old Guy:

Yea, I'm sure most of us would be surprised if you owned those books, especially considering you can't even spell "suprised".

Joe Collector:

Okay, now I know you're a shill. No one (other than a bong-smoking 12-year old) could post like that with a straight face.

Jigs up.

Tom Brulato:

I just heard you collect BYRNE X-MEN. wow what a player.

27_laughing.gif Good times...

Its been awhile since we had an all out, no holds barred, flame war. The following quote is taken out of context from one of the classic flamed.gif threads. Most of the people involved are now long standing respected members of the boards - however its hard to top the following, for your 1ST POST.

Yeah here I am thats right your fav Girl talking. Talk all the sh*t you want. What happend to Brooklen, never knew Brooklen was in Southboro Mass. What happened? Well I do know that you can take the BOY out the of Ghetto but you cant take the Ghetto out of the boy.

You had a real problem and you still do. Your threats were recorded and put of file so keep it up. It is pretty stupid when you say you are going to show up on my lawn and shoot me, so lets get that in order. You know what they do to people when they kill persons of law enforcement?

I am sick and tired of your mouth so learn to shut it. You were offered a refund which you denied and you said nothing can fix this. You acted like a child and you still do. I now know why I never joined this forum because of whiny B*[!@#%^&^] like you.

I am sick and tired of your mouth so learn to shut it. You were offered a refund which you denied and you said nothing can fix this. You acted like a child and you still do. I now know why I never joined this forum because of whiny B*[!@#%^&^] like you.

Your threats of you and your grandpa gangs never scared me or clive and they never will. You said why don't I speak up, here I am ready to here the next pile of Diarrhea come flying out of your mouth. It is about time that some of your fellow members here know who you really are and how you talk to women. I was nothing but nice to you and tried to solve this problem. Except you thought it would be so cool if you acted like a gangster on the phone with me

Grow the F*[!@#%^&^] up. You are in your 40's, give it a rest.

You have a problem with a women being in authority? Too ing Bad! Thats the way it is. Thats they way it is and the way it will be. You have no balls. I see you never made it to Detroit. Dont think you would make it very far in detroit anyway. Take your tuff attitude in the bedroom maybe you will actually please someone, I know it is hard to please you but I would not go out of my way to do so. Yeah your right I am ready to talk to your punk , I am here and will be here. we will see how your threats are handled on this board. Remember I have more power than you do and will do what I see fit. I will not tolerate your Bulls*it threats. Keep that in mind.

You are a punk and always will be a punk. Nuff said.

Scarface's rendention of a Few Good Comics between CBG and ComicKeys is classic:

"C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I think we're entitled to them.

C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I want the truth!

C-K: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ! ! ! Son, we live in a world that has comics. And those comics have to be restored by men with tools. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Steve Borock? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for restored books and you curse the scammers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that restoration, while tragic, probably saves comics. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves comics...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that book. You need me on that book.

We use words like trim, color touch, staple replacement...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent as a power seller. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very pristine books I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up an x-acto knife and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

CBG: Did you restore your books?

C-K: I did the job I needed to do.

CBG: DID YOU RESTORE YOUR BOOKS?

C-K: YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID ! ! ! "

Hate to bring up old 893censored-thumb.gif, but this is my all-time favorite board quote. The fact that it was between two normally cool-headed and nice members makes it all the better.

"The more you type, its pretty obvious how stupid you really are. Now why dont you be a good little whatever, go behind the Trailer, let the Mrs out of her Pigpen, because by now, I know who grows them big in that park." -Nik

When I first read that I almost passed out I was laughing so hard. That thread was classic from start to finish.