• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me?

19 posts in this topic

I really don't like seeing signatures on older books. Silver age etc I just don't liek the way it looks and it feels like the book is being defaced!

However when it comes to moderns i think they are great, especially the sketches. thecollector got my green arrow book triple signed and sketched (thanks again!) and it is my prized possesion! I really do love it.

I can't really explain why i feel these differences, maybe because i know there are thousands and thousands of copies of that same modern copy but with the silver age it's diffferent? Although chances are there are thousands of copies of that silver age book too foreheadslap.gif

Anyone else feel the same way? Or am i in the minority here crazy.gif

I dont mind what book was signed...and IMHO, the older the book the better! thumbsup2.gif For example: I would love to someday get a Low to Mid grade X-Men, Hulk or FF #1 signed by Stan Lee cloud9.gif

Btw...always loved your sig line! cool.gif

I dont mind what book was signed...and IMHO, the older the book the better! thumbsup2.gif For example: I would love to someday get a Low to Mid grade X-Men, Hulk or FF #1 signed by Stan Lee cloud9.gif
How would you feel about a high grade x-men hulk, FF signed? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How would you feel about a high grade x-men hulk, FF signed? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If it was an HG copy from my personal collection, than no I wouldnt because I wouldnt want the grade to be a qualified grade...but a reader or a beater, in a second I would! thumbsup2.gif

I was the same way for a long time. I hated to see a signature on a Silver age book. Lately, i have started to change my mind though. I will be submitting my first non modern for SS at the SD con.

A little off topic here...but I wonder how much a copy of Action Comics #1, verifiably signed by Shuster & Siegel would go for 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

moderns will be old someday, I won't do high grade silver generally due to cost of book but have no problem doing midgrade. Will be picking up my hos 92 at heroes woohooo.

My biggest pet peeve is interior sigs, no matter what people say, i can't get the point of it so I have quit trying and just respect their decision to never see the sig.

My biggest pet peeve is interior sigs, no matter what people say, i can't get the point of it so I have quit trying and just respect their decision to never see the sig.

I hate it too. frustrated.gif

Front cover sigs are a fairly recent thing. Back in the 70's and 80's, almost nobody had comics signed on the covers - that would have been considered a horrible defacement of a comic book. I always had books signed on the inside.

Now, though, I'd prefer to see a comic signed on the cover - at least on a modern book. It also makes no sense to me to get a SS book with an interior sig - why bother if you can't actually see it? I know i give some of you guys [embarrassing lack of self control] for paying to have a sig authenticated, but i really do like how a signed book looks in a slab - provided you can see the signature.

For Silver Age or older books I'd have only the inside signed unless it was a lower grade copy. But I also don't like seeing sigs on anything but high grade books, so i guess i'd be outta luck either way. 27_laughing.gif

I would do and have witnessed golden age books for signature series nothing high grade but if I could afford it I would have the Mile High All-star 3 SS by shelly moldoff or a high grade cap # 1 by simon or high grade Cap 3 signed by simon and Stan Lee. Though some people might feel this is defacement. These people created the characters and worked on pieces of history why shouldn't they sign them.

I hate it too. frustrated.gif

I hate it too......... frustrated.giffrustrated.gif