• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back from the framers today...

14 posts in this topic

The Pulse #4 cover by Mike Mayhew. I think the framer did an excellent job with this piece. It includes prelim sketches that Mike gave me for this as well as a few other Pulse covers, and the produced comic book as well. My wife is so impressed by this piece that she asked me if we could hang it in our bedroom, instead of my collection room. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

IM001164.jpg

Jim

No it was the Pulse #5 cover I questioned buying. The #5 cover was for sale for $3,000 but I always thought this cover (#4) was better. I met Mike at a show and we made a deal on the spot for this cover, even after he told me he had never intended to sell this cover. I also paid about 20% less for this cover buying it directly from Mike than the #5 cover that was up for sale. Win/Win as I see it. smile.gif

Of course now I feel like I should pursue the #5 cover to make it a set smile.gif

Jim

That's great. You must be very pleased. Mike's a great guy. I have a few pieces on the way from him as well. Crossing the line between Fine and Comic art IMO.

My wife is so impressed by this piece that she asked me if we could hang it in our bedroom, instead of my collection room.

Wow... there's no way in hell my wife would let me put that up in my office let alone the bedroom. Don't get me wrong... she likes OA and we have 4 pieces in the bedroom now, but his eyes alone would creep her out too much. If it was up in my office she would never come in here.... hey wait... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif