• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Pre-hero Tales of Suspense, Tales to Astonish, Journey into Mystery

22 posts in this topic

Ugh.. ok.. I'm hooked now. I'm looking to buy all pre-hero issues of the above titles. I'm interested in all grades. I'm looking to pay around 50-70% of guide for low grade books, 80-90% of guide for mid-grade books and 100-110% of guide for higher grade books.

Please PM me with anything you've got.

Thanks!

Did you ever own a Strange Tales 89, Rhino?

Yep, I've had several copies in varying grades. The nicest is a 7.0 (which is on Pedigree now -- and I'm really NOT trying to pimp those sales by mentioning it). ST 89 is a tough book to find in nice grades.

But my true ST 89 treasure is the splash page in my OA collection. Fin Fang Foom is the ultimate pre-hero icon. What great stuff!!

Yep, I've had several copies in varying grades. The nicest is a 7.0 (which is on Pedigree now -- and I'm really NOT trying to pimp those sales by mentioning it). ST 89 is a tough book to find in nice grades.

But my true ST 89 treasure is the splash page in my OA collection. Fin Fang Foom is the ultimate pre-hero icon. What great stuff!!

did they ever explain why that giant dragon is wearing stretchy shorts, by any chance? it's the one pre-hero mystery that has me totally baffled

did they ever explain why that giant dragon is wearing stretchy shorts, by any chance? it's the one pre-hero mystery that has me totally baffled

Yeah, it was the 893censored-thumb.gif-ing Comics Code Authority. They banned naked monsters. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, it was the 893censored-thumb.gif-ing Comics Code Authority. They banned naked monsters. confused-smiley-013.gif

foreheadslap.gif

figures. that explains IT the Living Colossus, too, i guess. iirc

foreheadslap.gif

Do you guys mean you woulda prefered looking at a long green or grey stony schl@ng? 893whatthe.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Do you guys mean you woulda prefered looking at a long green or grey stony schl@ng? 893whatthe.gif

Nah, these are all comic characters. They're like eunichs or something... 27_laughing.gif

is there a good 'pre hero' thread already on the forums someone can link me to ?

rather than hijacking filters any more

Here you go:

Pre-hero Marvels Thread link

The only bad thing is that it's an old thread so many of the early pics are no longer available. But lots of good stuff there!

gossip.gif I'm sure filter doesn't mind -- our mindless pratter keeps bumping his thread to the top.... 27_laughing.gif

I'm thinking of getting into these books too, please someone talk me out of it

I can't..SOB...because I,too,am afflicted!GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Ugh.. ok.. I'm hooked now. I'm looking to buy all pre-hero issues of the above titles. I'm interested in all grades. I'm looking to pay around 50-70% of guide for low grade books, 80-90% of guide for mid-grade books and 100-110% of guide for higher grade books.

Please PM me with anything you've got.

Thanks!

If you run out of forum members, www.metropoliscomics.com has a most ample selection.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif