• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Cautionary Tale

45 posts in this topic

OK, this sounds like a bummer pouring cold water on my positive feelings today when I sold my largest sale this year so far here (or anywhere).

I wouldn't rule out a $10 order from a 12 year old in gerenal.

When I was 12 back in '77 I was doing mail order stuff for around $10 - $15 a pop.

Back then comics were 25cents so $10 could get you a lot of back issues.

cloud9.gif

Of coarse I was a serious collector at 12 and had the money in hand before buying, which you had to do back then when a money order was the only option since 12 year olds didn't having checking accounts or credit cards or Paypal back then. poke2.gif

I was dealing in 1977 at age 12. thumbsup2.gif Tables at the Chicago Comicon and the Chicago Minicons.

Hey, Old Guy, just to make things worse, I would have bought that DD #18 from you with the others I purchased from that thread. If you haven't sent out my books yet, put it in for the same discount that you gave me on the other books. If my books are on there way already, then skip it.

Mike

OK, this sounds like a bummer pouring cold water on my positive feelings today when I sold my largest sale this year so far here (or anywhere).

When I was 12 back in '77 I was doing mail order stuff for around $10 - $15 a pop.

cloud9.gif

Of coarse I was a serious collector at 12 and had the money in hand before buying, which you had to do back then when a money order was the only option since 12 year olds didn't having checking accounts or credit cards or Paypal back then. poke2.gif

I was dealing in 1977 at age 12. thumbsup2.gif Tables at the Chicago Comicon and the Chicago Minicons.

I was the assistant manager insane.gif of a comic shop in Montreal at the age of 13. Started doing conventions around the same time as well!

We all started somewhere at some age confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think that the age thing should really be the issue. I think what the issue is, is that if you are going to post the takeit.gif, then be darn sure to follow up!

John thumbsup2.gif

cloud9.gif

You should have been looking for 35 centers makepoint.gif

But 12 now is a lot different than 12 in the 70's. Back then, comics WERE for kids and I probably knew as much about the content (or more) as the adults selling the books. Comics were also cheap, so kids actually had a point of entry.

Now, with comics targeted and priced for aging fanboys, it's totally flip-flopped and now the 12-year old is the neophyte.

Hey, Old Man, just to make things worse, I would have bought that DD #18 from you with the others I purchased from that thread. If you haven't sent out my books yet, put it in for the same discount that you gave me on the other books. If my books are on there way already, then skip it.

Mike

I thought this could be the case and I considered asking you if you wanted it, but I already shipped your books. Tell you what, Paypal me $4.05 for shipping and I'll send it to you at no cost. This way I'll feel like I'm getting some kind of justice with CAPandFALCON.

Very sorry to anyone whos time I have wasted. I had every intention to pay all of you except that my fathers Paypal account was stolen and he has lost most of his money through that. I had and still have all of the I owe you guys for the comics I said that I said I was going to buy. I am hereby going to stop reading this site and ordering comics from you guys who were very nice to me

Very sorry to anyone whos time I have wasted. I had every intention to pay all of you except that my fathers Paypal account was stolen and he has lost most of his money through that. I had and still have all of the I owe you guys for the comics I said that I said I was going to buy. I am hereby going to stop reading this site and ordering comics from you guys who were very nice to me

Poor little guy... somebody buy him an ice cream.

devil.gif

anyone consider the possibility that the guy is just a shill? And not a kid?

Well DKB has him registered in the official Post Your Shill account thread... confused-smiley-013.gif

I thought about that, but think he is just a kid. I've been here a long time and I think my shill detection skills are as good as anyone’s. This guy just doesn’t put off the shill vibe. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

I thought about that, but think he is just a kid. I've been here a long time and I think my shill detection skills are as good as anyone’s. This guy just doesn’t put off the shill vibe. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Maybe bugaboo has a son..... confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, Old Man, just to make things worse, I would have bought that DD #18 from you with the others I purchased from that thread. If you haven't sent out my books yet, put it in for the same discount that you gave me on the other books. If my books are on there way already, then skip it.

Mike

I thought this could be the case and I considered asking you if you wanted it, but I already shipped your books. Tell you what, Paypal me $4.05 for shipping and I'll send it to you at no cost. This way I'll feel like I'm getting some kind of justice with CAPandFALCON.

Done!

And thanks for the deal. hail.gif

I still think we need a VIP marketplace.

And what would be the criteria used to determine who qualifies as a VIP?

I still think we need a VIP marketplace.

And what would be the criteria used to determine who qualifies as a VIP?

Must have finished in the top 8 in at least one of the grading contests. grin.gif

I believe him. He seems to have an apprecitation for books just as we do. Anyone ever figure that maybe his story is true?

hey, if anyone out there gets their Paypal account stolen or otherwise is prevented from making a payment...email the seller and tell him so.

the lack of communication is the only thing i see OG having a problem with, and was not something a stolen Paypal account would be responsible for

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

I believe him. He seems to have an apprecitation for books just as we do. Anyone ever figure that maybe his story is true?

ok dads paypal was stolen, there is such a thing as a money order or cash. I don't believe the paypal thing for one second, mommy said no more money.