• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about CGC case numbers - need feedback

15 posts in this topic

Hi, I am starting to post CGC case numbers for books that I add to my website.

I have been doing this with all of my ebay auctions and thought about listing the case number for every book on my website.

My question is, is this something the hobby wants?

Secondly, besides the labor on my end, is there any negative reason not to do this?

Let me know your thoughts, I would appreciate it before I begin.

Here is my website link to look at, as I just started doing this with some of my most Recent Additions.

PGC Mint website

I put the case numbers in the notes section. Would this be satisfactory or it be better somewhere else?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark.

Posting as much info as is available about a book is perceived by many as being customer-friendly. I'm sure your customers aren't concerned about whether your offerings are authentic or not, but it's nice to see the info there. If it's of interest to them, Collector's Society members can look up the date of grading, etc.

I say it's a nice touch.

Best,

Brad

Hi Mark.

Posting as much info as is available about a book is perceived by many as being customer-friendly. I'm sure your customers aren't concerned about whether your offerings are authentic or not, but it's nice to see the info there. If it's of interest to them, Collector's Society members can look up the date of grading, etc.

I say it's a nice touch.

Best,

Brad

Ditto (do people still say that?)

Hi, I am starting to post CGC case numbers for books that I add to my website.

IMy question is, is this something the hobby wants?

I'm sure the hobby will be very happy with this move. yeahok.gif

Secondly, besides the labor on my end, is there any negative reason not to do this?

Can't think of anything negative whatsoever. I'd say that you're in a better position to make this call anyway as you're already doing this on ebay.

I think listing the serial # is a good step.People can then call for the graders notes to make sure there are no flaws that are invisible on the scan.It's always good business to stand behind your wares in that fashion.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Agreed with all the agree-ers!

Can't do no harm with it, it helps show that you have the book, and it even allows the (potential) buyer to call in to CGC for grading notes, if they want to. thumbsup2.gif

More information is always preferred to less information. In your specific example it would allow me to lookup the number on the Collector Society and obtain information that I already know about the book...except for maybe the grade date. And, if CGC decides heaven forbid to release any BENEFICIAL information in the future (like grading notes), this would allow for greater convenience.

And of course, for those with Registry sets this would allow me to keep my set updated in a more timely manner.

And yeah, for a minute I thought CGC was selling cases of beer with slab purchases. I usually call it a SN or certification number.

Good move.

It appears that I should start on this project right away and will do so.

Thank all of you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate and respect your input very much.

The idea of calling it a Serial or ID number, as opposed to a "case number" seems logical (as it does sound like a term used by lawyers, police, insurance companies, etc.) and it would be nice to have a uniform name that all of us can identify with.

So what do you like? ID number or Serial number?

Or is there already a proper title given by CGC?