• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's with these Ebay auctions?

8 posts in this topic

The lot sold, then 2 days later it shows up again. It actually sold about a month ago for the very first time. I had it on my watch list. I watch it sell, then it keeps showing up. I asked the seller a question about it, but they don't respond.

old

new

guessing...

shill bids to get things rolling...no one jumps over his original bid, so he just keeps relisting it.

Although not the smartest move as he has to eat the fees for selling the books...

The lot sold, then 2 days later it shows up again. It actually sold about a month ago for the very first time. I had it on my watch list. I watch it sell, then it keeps showing up. I asked the seller a question about it, but they don't respond.

old

new

You actually watch cr@p like that? insane.gif

stooges.gifhi.gif

guessing...

shill bids to get things rolling...no one jumps over his original bid, so he just keeps relisting it.

Although not the smartest move as he has to eat the fees for selling the books...

I suppose he could neg his own shill and get his FVF back 893scratchchin-thumb.gifinsane.gif

Actually, I put a watch on it without seeing the pictures first. That picture is so massive it took forever to load on my dial-up, so I kept skipping it and left it on my watch list. I thought the Showcase might have been worth a look, but once I gave the 5 minutes to load the pic, I saw the nasty shape of the book and skipped it.