• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomorrows Treasures...

27 posts in this topic

I sold Rich Muchin a low grade All-Winners 6 at a Wondercon.We had some good conversation.I would't be opposed to buying something from him, if it was something that I actually wanted, and if I could check out the book to my satisfaction first.

He sold out of a van in the aqueduct flea market in Queens, NY.

Are you saying he actually sold comics in a van down by the river?

1294274-Farley.jpg

Aqueduct racetrack, the one next to the old Roman ruins.

Rich used to (maybe still does?) be at the Primate Productins Boston cons at the Raddison.

Rich Muchin has never been and never will be allowed to set up at a Primate Promotions show. I stake my repuation on only having reputable dealers at my shows like Jim Payette and Ted Van Liew. Not a scam artist with Frankenbooks! makepoint.gif

You are thinking of the Great Eastern days before they imploded. It's been ten years of Primate Promotions. makepoint.gif

Dave? Is that you? I am getting older than I think, I think. I recall Rich being at SOME Boston shows at (as I recall) the Raddison. He was usually setup in a back corner table of the smaller room. Now the last Boston show I attended was around late 1998/early 1999, before I moved to SF. Ted was there, as well as Jim P, Harley Yee and the rest. I don't recall him being at the later shows so your 10 year reference makes sense.

My apologies for assuming they were the same as the later Primate shows. You know I think the wolrdn of you (I weep bitter tears at my faux pax). Did Primate seque into the Great Eatern shows after the implosion? Were Great Eastern held at the Raddison? What is the boiling point of nickel?

Rich used to (maybe still does?) be at the Primate Productins Boston cons at the Raddison.

Rich Muchin has never been and never will be allowed to set up at a Primate Promotions show. I stake my repuation on only having reputable dealers at my shows like Jim Payette and Ted Van Liew. Not a scam artist with Frankenbooks! makepoint.gif

You are thinking of the Great Eastern days before they imploded. It's been ten years of Primate Promotions. makepoint.gif

Dave? Is that you? I am getting older than I think, I think. I recall Rich being at SOME Boston shows at (as I recall) the Raddison. He was usually setup in a back corner table of the smaller room. Now the last Boston show I attended was around late 1998/early 1999, before I moved to SF. Ted was there, as well as Jim P, Harley Yee and the rest. I don't recall him being at the later shows so your 10 year reference makes sense.

My apologies for assuming they were the same as the later Primate shows. You know I think the world of you (I weep bitter tears at my faux pax). Did Primate seque into the Great Eatern shows after the implosion? Were Great Eastern held at the Raddison? What is the boiling point of nickel?

The show is still in the same place. Great Easterns last Boston show was in the Winter of 95/96. My first show was at the Boston Holiday Inn, The second at the Hynes Convention Center and we were able to get into the Howard Johnson 57/Radisson in Spring 1997 after GEC jerked the hotel around for almost a year and they would not rent to them anymore. Nickel does not boil being a solid.

Nickel does not boil being a solid.

Just about anything will boil if you get it hot enough. For nickel, its 5275 degrees F at sea level, about double the temperature it melts at.

Of course, you may have trouble finding a container that you can heat to 5000 degrees without the container melting itself, although I'm sure it must be possible. You're good to go in a star, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel

And yes, I know it was a joke. grin.gif

Yeah,I miss going to Tyson's.It was always one heck of a show.I haven't been up there since my friend Leo passed away.He used to set up there too.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif