• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About Marvel Value Stamp

42 posts in this topic

are the books (either empty or almost) hard to find (where you puted the stamps)?

always thought on doing this coll. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

regards

ps- am i right that there was 2 different series of MVS?

The books that held the stamps do pop up on ebay once in a while. From what I remember one showed up that was 80% full and sold for about $45, but it was beat. It motivated me to sell mine on ebay. I obtained mine directly from Marvel through the mail, but I did not collect the stamps, so mine was about a 9.8. I made out very well. grin.gif

Now please tell me you didn't pull an Edward Scissorhands on all those books. 893whatthe.gif

Yep shy.gif Hey I was what, 18? The books were a quarter, and they were either my dubs or trips sorry.gif

I think some of the books were part of a warehouse find, IIRC. They can be identified by the lack of the album number stamped on the FC. The albums with numbers usually go north of $75 and I've seen as high as $175 before.

christmas, Jeff. that thing is - it's just - Lordamighty it's just killer.

893censored-thumb.gif for not forcing you to show it to me at dinner on Friday

That's what I spent most of the con doing -- pimping for sketches. If I wasn't at Paul's booth letting him go take a leak I was hitting up artists for sketches.

Once I explain it to the artists most of them get into it. Some folks (who were only going commission work at the show) passed but most were willing... if pestered enough... (ahem! Ed McGuennis).

Nerf, there are lots of characters that didn't make the cut simply because they were not around or not popular enough at the time (1974-1975.) Wolverine, Punisher, Moon Knight, etc.

Here's my thread over in the Orignal Art section... link

Nerf, there are lots of characters that didn't make the cut simply because they were not around or not popular enough at the time (1974-1975.) Wolverine, Punisher, Moon Knight, etc.

that was a joke:

unfortunately MVS collectors made sure that wolverine did make the cut...

they infamously cut many 181's to pieces to get the Shanna stamp.

grin.gif

That's what I spent most of the con doing -- pimping for sketches. If I wasn't at Paul's booth letting him go take a leak I was hitting up artists for sketches.

Once I explain it to the artists most of them get into it. Some folks (who were only going commission work at the show) passed but most were willing... if pestered enough... (ahem! Ed McGuennis).

Here's my thread over in the Orignal Art section... link

i should have just followed you around. you probably had a blast. can't wait to see the whole thing filled in