• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forbes Interview

40 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I had the privilege of being interviewed about original comic art by Forbes for their newsletter on emerging collectible markets, the Forbes Collector. Although viewing is restricted to paid subscribers, you can get a free six-month on-line subscription by going to:

www.forbesnewsletters.com/collectorevents

Jon Berk also had an interview there in September 2003, so feel free to check that out as well once you're logged on.

I do have a pdf version of the article that I can send individually, but it's very large (over 4MB).

I hope I painted a fair representation of the original comic art hobby.

Enjoy,

Great read! Congrats Hari. First round in San Diego is on me.

Don't congratulate me! Congratulate the hobby! We're finally starting to gain some media exposure.

The drink I'll still take thumbsup2.gif

Gotta say, you always come across well in your postings, and you have a much better collecting discipline than I. I really enjoyed the the article, well done.

That Crisis cover and the V page.....just some of the best stuff IMHO.

Gotta say, you always come across well in your postings, and you have a much better collecting discipline than I. I really enjoyed the the article, well done.

That Crisis cover and the V page.....just some of the best stuff IMHO.

That's a very nice thing to say. Thank you.

Not to mention those oh so elusive Dark Knight Returns and Killing Joke pages. If one were to take a look at the books that have changed the comics industry in the last 20 odd years, heartened has a page from it. Well, I didn't see any Sandman pages but still a great modern collection of OA.

Don't congratulate me! Congratulate the hobby! We're finally starting to gain some media exposure.

No wait! I still haven't bought all the stuff I want yet. frown.gif

Thanks for the read Hari, it was really interesting.

Not to mention those oh so elusive Dark Knight Returns and Killing Joke pages. If one were to take a look at the books that have changed the comics industry in the last 20 odd years, heartened has a page from it. Well, I didn't see any Sandman pages but still a great modern collection of OA.

Hey, who said I was done?

Hey, who said I was done?

No Hari, Sandman isn't important at all. Timulty is just messing with you. You don't want any pages from that series - really, they're a complete waste of money.

JUST STAY AWAY!!!

27_laughing.gif

I apreciated the fact that you were open about the circumstances under which you got some of your pieces, along with the prices you paid and your overall buying strategy. It's refreshing, especially in a hobby that can sometimes seem to be all about secret handshakes and blood oaths.

I don't think Forbes could have picked a better person to interview! thumbsup2.gif

KrazyKat, perhaps? "Trust me, this stuff is going to be worth MILLIONS!!! But, sorry, I will be unable to let you see any of my artwork." 27_laughing.gif

Hari was a fine second choice, though. wink.gif