• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Ebay bidders certainly have nerve

93 posts in this topic

Sid did nothing wrong? Huh? he did the harshest thing to ALL Ebay users by selling off ebay what was for sale on Ebay. Nothing damages Ebay more and it also damages, via trickle down garbage, all of the Ebay users. Isn't usnig ebay to create a sale off ebay the cardinal ebay sin? it sure is! total scammer if you ask me. Everyone watching that auction got scammed. Ebay got scammed. buyers/sellers got scammed due to higher ebay fees as a result. any asm 292 second print collector got scammed. even bassgman got scammed because he got less than he should have. i don'get it, you people should be ratting him out and no longer conducting business with him. who knows how many times he has done that and howm nay times unfriendlyandy has done it. scammer! scammers! scammers!

Well, just to take the challenge, 'cuz I always like a good debate. Actually, I removed the one book that was improperly listed, although yes, it did turn into an off Ebay sale. I would have never removed a single comic from a lot that was correctly listed just because somebody wanted that one book. However, the #292 was (unbeknownst to me) improperly listed initially as it was not a "normal" #292. Since no mention was made of any book in the lot to be anything but a typical 1st print issue, when I found out that there was one included that WAS NOT, I had to change it. Just like if somebody listed an item as an original, but was then informed by somebody else that it was a copy, the auction would then be changed or cancelled.

But yes, I did turn an Ebay contact into an off Ebay sale. I guess I'm evil now. devil.gif

Cool, it feels good to be evil. cool.gif

Dude/Dudette/Dork (take your pick), that's just plain wrong. Sid is not a scammer. sumo.gif You however should look into a spell checker, or maybe a GED course in English 101.

aside: Comic Collectors are the most 893censored-thumb.gif up people I know.

Sid did nothing wrong? Huh? he did the harshest thing to ALL Ebay users by selling off ebay what was for sale on Ebay. Nothing damages Ebay more and it also damages, via trickle down garbage, all of the Ebay users. Isn't usnig ebay to create a sale off ebay the cardinal ebay sin? it sure is! total scammer if you ask me. Everyone watching that auction got scammed. Ebay got scammed. buyers/sellers got scammed due to higher ebay fees as a result. any asm 292 second print collector got scammed. even bassgman got scammed because he got less than he should have. i don'get it, you people should be ratting him out and no longer conducting business with him. who knows how many times he has done that and howm nay times unfriendlyandy has done it. scammer! scammers! scammers!

Who are you 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did you happen to lose an auction recently? confused-smiley-013.gif

You should take up the cause of global warming as the heat you're putting off towards bassman seems like it might melt the ice caps. 893blahblah.gif

Who are you 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did you happen to lose an auction recently? confused-smiley-013.gif

You should take up the cause of global warming as the heat you're putting off towards bassman seems like it might melt the ice caps. 893blahblah.gif

27_laughing.gif

If I am not mistaken that book had the word Classic written on the Front cover. I have seen this particular book sell for upwards of $50 on ebay. Sometimes it goes for a lot less but I remember it selling for that at least once. I assume the buyer also was aware of the value as well.

Just check out what this seller wants for his copy Spidey 292

Exactly. I've seen this book sell for even more. It really seems like the guy was trying to strong arm you into selling the book cheap. Would you care to tell us his user ID?

I'm not too bright - I figured out the user ID from the link. I have to say I've heard this ID before...

USER ID = friendly_andy

He seems to be well likes based on his feedback. To bad he's a scammer.

I knew I remembered this ID from somewhere. This guy has 11 bid retractions and now he's bidding against me on a book. foreheadslap.gif

If I am not mistaken that book had the word Classic written on the Front cover. I have seen this particular book sell for upwards of $50 on ebay. Sometimes it goes for a lot less but I remember it selling for that at least once. I assume the buyer also was aware of the value as well.

893applaud-thumb.gif You know, a post like this makes the rest of the BS on these boards all worthwhile. The collective knowledge of the forum, when it's directed in the cause of good, is a mighty thing! thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif You know, a post like this makes the rest of the BS on these boards all worthwhile. The collective knowledge of the forum, when it's directed in the cause of good, is a mighty thing! thumbsup2.gif

If you have one of these lying around, don't throw it into the quarter bin. BTW, this price is absolutely insane (4x usual), but I know several people who want to pay in the $50-60 range for one of these. Here's the regular edition for you to compare.