• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you like CGC to handle Restored books that are sent in for SS?

12 posts in this topic

After seeing a book that Beyonder had sent in for Signature Series status recieve a Purple label that simply stated "Bernie Wrightson written on 1st page in pen" how would you guys like to see CGC's policy evolve? I personally thinks it's ridiculous to exponge the validity of a signature just because a book happens to be restored.

Here are a few scenarios but if anyone comes up with other alternatives put them up.

1. Leave it alone it's fine the way it is.

yeahok.gif

2. Create a new label color for restored books that are sent in for Signature Series.

This would probably be the most clear way to deal with the matter but less practical from CGC's standpoint.

3. Put on the CGC Purple Restored label the usual note such as "Signed by (Artist) on (Date)." Perhaps even noting in bold letters "Signature Series" on the label in a way similar to how Pedigrees are placed on the label.

This is better than the apparent current policy and would probably be the most feasible for CGC to do. It also insures people know the book has restoration.

4. Give the book a Yellow SS label with notes of the restoration on the label.

With the very negative view of restored books in the hobby today this scenario would probably be risky. I could see sellers not mentioning the restorationa nd leaving it up to the buyer to try and read all the text of the label from a blurry picture.

I sent Steve an email requesting that CGC looks into their policy regarding this issue. If anyone else feels the same way I reccomend calling or sending him a message with your input so that they will be more likely to consider our opinions and concerns.