• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade Roasting

20 posts in this topic

yeah, well, how would you like to have been the guy that subbed the Wolverine Limited Series #1 that came back 5.0 in a purple slab?

tonofbricks.gif

and no, it wasn't me. i was just gazing 'pon the census

yeah, well, how would you like to have been the guy that subbed the Wolverine Limited Series #1 that came back 5.0 in a purple slab?

tonofbricks.gif

I'd rather own a purple label 5.0 than a Blue Label one. Makes for better coversation.... insane.gif

tonofbricks.gif

I'd rather own a purple label 5.0 than a Blue Label one. Makes for better coversation.... insane.gif

err..but would you want to submit one?

You think this guy is bad???

There was someone, and along, long time ago too - submitted an IRON MAN and SUBBY and received the lowest possible grade: 0.5!!! 893whatthe.gifCAL 893whatthe.gif

tonofbricks.gif

Only if I did the work myself. grin.gif

tonofbricks.gif

Only if I did the work myself. grin.gif

tonofbricks.gif

foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif

You think this guy is bad???<p>

There was someone, and along, long time ago too - submitted an <font color = red> IRON MAN and SUBBY</B></FONT> and received the lowest possible grade: 0.5!!! 893whatthe.gif

CAL 893whatthe.gif

It's my understanding that there are some people out there who are actively searching for graded copies that are the lowest they can find. They consider them conversation pieces.

Scott

What happened to my font and color on this post??

thumbsup2.gif

00ssx-men31.jpg

Now that is what I call service. Make a statement, and bang, there it is!! It does look better than the given grade. Is it just me or does the Cobalt Man look like a cooler 60's version of Iron Man?

Scott

should be a GLOD then shouldn't it for the missing page, not downgraded to what would be a blue label 0.5 ?

That's what I found interesting about the book. I assume CGC has a grade 'cut-off' at which point Green no longer trumps Yellow.

The Yellow Label is in essence a 'Qualified' label itself. It acts the same way in that CGC completely ignores the writing on the cover when grading the book.

As I said...it's a conversation piece. grin.gif

thumbsup2.gif

00ssx-men31.jpg

that was well loved!

wink.gif

I think it looks very nice. Now put it in Mylar and get rid of that label that mentions the missing page. thumbsup2.gif

Or is that too Black Hearted?