• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a Fine +

17 posts in this topic

Easily falls into the VG+/F- range.

F+ might be a stretch but I have seen much worse overgrading..Heck, some would call this book VF and get away with it on Ebay.

Looks to be a solid book overall, spine wrinkles on those puppies is common.

Ze-

There seems to be a small rip on the bottom and then there are those wrinkles. If they're there because the book got wet...well, way less than a VG. But VG/Fine could be ok if the spine in ok (which is often the problem on that book and the early square bounds in general). I'm not seeing much else tremendously wrong with it unless I'm missing something.

those three deep wrinkles are the killers here............otherwise the book looks much better than a VG to me. i'd still think we're in 4.5 - 5.5 territory as Kenny guessed.......................can't really see too much else that would drag it way down................

A lot of wrinkles on these annuals are caused in production with the glue. Its hard to tell without holding the book, but I don't think there's any water damage.

On another note, lets say it was F+, is it really worth $500?

I wish! What i wouldn't give to own the 1st appearance of the Sinister Six!!

I can just tell because that "crumpling effect" is very common on Marvel annuals, even ones as late as the nineties. If it has been "pressed" it's been done with a finger and not professionally. Does that still count as "pressing?" If it does then so would putting a stack of comics on top of it to have it flatten out.

those wrinkles look flattened, like they were pressed out.

Production wrinkles on these early squarebounds often look like this . . . I'd be interested in the book, but not for $500 insane.gif More like $50 . . . grin.gif