• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone heard of the comic DEN?

14 posts in this topic

I found a set of comics 1-10 called DEN They are by Richard Corben. Company was FANTGOR PRESS. $2.00 cover price from late 80's all color art. I looked in guide and could not find them anywhere. Only paid .25 each so... confused.gif

I believe DEN started in Heavy Metal in the late 70s/early 80s. Bald hulking dude with a huge schlong, right? Probably covered up the schlong in the comic version.

I believe DEN started in Heavy Metal in the late 70s/early 80s.

thumbsup2.gif

even made it into the Heavy Metal movie as the first story after the intro

I found a set of comics 1-10 called DEN They are by Richard Corben. Company was FANTGOR PRESS. $2.00 cover price from late 80's all color art. I looked in guide and could not find them anywhere. Only paid .25 each so... confused.gif

I'll offer you a quick 30% return on your investment,if they are VF or so. thumbsup2.gif

No, they range from fine to nm the worst shape ones look as though they were in the .50 bin the longest. Bought them for something different to read. So far no so bad. Local store bought a bulk collection and has been selling them all for .50 ea. With store credit I pay .25 ea. Picked up a few MJ inserts too.

I believe DEN started in Heavy Metal in the late 70s/early 80s. Bald hulking dude with a huge schlong, right? Probably covered up the schlong in the comic version.

Blob, Tell us more about this monstrous hulkin' schlong? Can't wait to start a thread called Attack of the Giant Sausage.

well jedi, you little sausage hound! anywayz, in the heavy metal magazine stories he simply walked around naked or with a belt or something and a vaguely remember something hanging down to about den's knees. given that i was a youngster when i was reading these second-hand from my older brother, i found this sort of shocking, that is until my own grew past my kneecaps. tongue.gif

The comics he is talking about were regular comics, if I recall correctly, without all the nudity that made the first two Den series (serialized in Heavy Metal) so great. I recently picked up Rip In Time, which Corben did with Bruce Jones, also published by Fantagor.