• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lighthouse has some more TPBs for sale...

43 posts in this topic

Anyone who has been a member of the board since 2005 or earlier is eligible for shipping in advance of payment...

Regardless of what year they joined the boards, I don't think any board member should be sending you payments in advance for anything, based on your history here. Not trying to start a flame war, just my opinion.

I agree with this. Redemption takes time...and with LH it'll take considerable time to ponder since he screwed people over on multiple occasions.

Regardless whether he has made amends...Frankly I'm surprised he's able to sell anything here at all...

Jim

Anyone who has been a member of the board since 2005 or earlier is eligible for shipping in advance of payment...

Regardless of what year they joined the boards, I don't think any board member should be sending you payments in advance for anything, based on your history here. Not trying to start a flame war, just my opinion.

I agree with this. Redemption takes time...and with LH it'll take considerable time to ponder since he screwed people over on multiple occasions.

Regardless whether he has made amends...Frankly I'm surprised he's able to sell anything here at all...

Jim

Both valid opinions.

And as far as the payment situation goes, folks that signed up after the start of this year have to pay in advance, but those payments don't go to me... I am having them sent to Foolkiller...

And no, I have not yet made amends... but the process is ongoing...

'House

DC Vertigo ….. 100 Bullets …. Vol 1 …. Reprints 1-5 …. Lists for $9.95 …. Yours for $6.50 …. 1 available

DC Vertigo ….. 100 Bullets …. Vol 3 …. Reprints 15-19 …. Lists for $9.99 …. Yours for $6.00 …. 1 available

Marvel ….. Ultimates II …. Vol 1 …. Reprints 1-6 …. Lists for $15.99 …. Yours for $8.00 …. 1 available

takeit.gif

payment upon arrival, or PM announcing shipment

Consider this a PM announcing shipment of your Maserati... stooges.gif

And you still need to send me a PM with your order and a mailing address. My new specially-designed high-tech vertically-integrated mutant-oriented barter-based interval-delayed order-fulfillment system depends on it... (Basically I pay someone shorter than me some X-Men back issues in exchange for her service of printing out PMs, pulling the books listed there, watching me pack boxes and then shipping the books to the address listed on the PM.) gossip.gif

Thanks! flowerred.gif

'House

sweet. i'll be expecting the Maserati in two to three months.

poke2.gif

Elmo is a sucker

Looey Looey / whoaah ah oh yeah / you gotta go / fist yourself / yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

sumo.gif

DC Vertigo ….. 100 Bullets …. Vol 1 …. Reprints 1-5 …. Lists for $9.95 …. Yours for $6.50 …. 1 available

DC Vertigo ….. 100 Bullets …. Vol 3 …. Reprints 15-19 …. Lists for $9.99 …. Yours for $6.00 …. 1 available

Marvel ….. Ultimates II …. Vol 1 …. Reprints 1-6 …. Lists for $15.99 …. Yours for $8.00 …. 1 available

takeit.gif

And you still need to send me a PM with your order and a mailing address. My new specially-designed high-tech vertically-integrated mutant-oriented barter-based interval-delayed order-fulfillment system depends on it... (Basically I pay someone shorter than me some X-Men back issues in exchange for her service of printing out PMs, pulling the books listed there, watching me pack boxes and then shipping the books to the address listed on the PM.) gossip.gif

Thanks! flowerred.gif

'House

poke2.gif

Elmo is a sucker

Looey Looey / whoaah ah oh yeah / you gotta go / fist yourself / yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

sumo.gif

makepoint.gif

takeit.gif

Thanks! flowerred.gif

'House

poke2.gif

Elmo is a sucker

sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif I think I broke a rib, I'm laughing so hard. 27_laughing.gif

Welcome back HOUSE.. hi.gif

I never really left... I continued posting under my "FFB", "Beyonder" and "Foolkiller" aliases... confused-smiley-013.gif

It's good to be back... Hopefully my schedule is stabilizing some...

Have you ever been in a room with 7,500 guitars? I have... for the last three days... It's actually a creepy experience... I think the inventory in the Martin booth alone is probably tagged at $800,000 plus, and they only have a 20x40 booth. The Fender booth is insane... And it's not every day you see a guitar that John Lennon used onstage with the Beatles. One of my guys almost backed into the case while he was vacuuming. foreheadslap.gif

As much as I would rather be heading for San Diego, here I am... Nice thing is, I will never have to pay for a San Diego badge again. Freeman does that show as well, and my id is all I need to walk the floor during setup and cherrypick the good stuff before Greggy gets to it... sumo.gifsumo.gif

Just kidding Greggy... stooges.gif

Just kidding Greggy
Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? off

Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? off

I don't know Lighthouse. I would rather deal with a newbie with no posts then with you, even if you were ship the books before i sent payment. For all i know, the comic will self-destruct “Inspector Gadget style” as soon as payment is sent to you.

Welcome back HOUSE.. hi.gif

I never really left... I continued posting under my "FFB", "Beyonder" and "Foolkiller" aliases... confused-smiley-013.gif

It's good to be back... Hopefully my schedule is stabilizing some...

Have you ever been in a room with 7,500 guitars? I have... for the last three days... It's actually a creepy experience... I think the inventory in the Martin booth alone is probably tagged at $800,000 plus, and they only have a 20x40 booth. The Fender booth is insane... And it's not every day you see a guitar that John Lennon used onstage with the Beatles. One of my guys almost backed into the case while he was vacuuming. foreheadslap.gif

As much as I would rather be heading for San Diego, here I am... Nice thing is, I will never have to pay for a San Diego badge again. Freeman does that show as well, and my id is all I need to walk the floor during setup and cherrypick the good stuff before Greggy gets to it... sumo.gifsumo.gif

Just kidding Greggy... stooges.gif

Guitars? Comics? Who cares about all that. Lighthouse, I just wanna know if you are gonna be working Glamourcon and those Adult Film Industry conventions. I thought that they would be more your style. devil.gif

I don't know Lighthouse. I would rather deal with a newbie with no posts then with you, even if you were ship the books before i sent payment. For all i know, the comic will self-destruct “Inspector Gadget style” as soon as payment is sent to you.

I have been perfecting my nano-technology... but rest assured, it will be used first on books I sell to Greggy. sumo.gif

Guitars? Comics? Who cares about all that. Lighthouse, I just wanna know if you are gonna be working Glamourcon and those Adult Film Industry conventions. I thought that they would be more your style. devil.gif

This from a guy who would have been absolutely drooling at some of the stuff on display at NAMM... foreheadslap.gif

This from a guy who would have been absolutely drooling at some of the stuff on display at NAMM... foreheadslap.gif

Oh, I believe it, seeing those instruments would make me drool, certainly moreso than comics. However, there are other things that I prefer to view than either guitars or comics..... devil.gif and I KNOW you're with me on that. hi.gif

I was at NAMM as an exhibitor. We had a training room upstairs.

Well if you spent any time on the floor during move-in or move-out, I am sure you saw me on a Cushman scooter...

My crew also handled the freight movement to rooms 11A and 11B... Most of the other upstairs sessions were handled by the other floor manager... I spent most of the show herding cats, and writing up the incident reports when the cats played too rough with their toys...

The Summer Session is a decent sized show for us. Freight came in at just over a million pounds, and I think we billed out around $1.2 million total. By way of comparison, the San Diego Comic-Con is a $2.5 million show for us. But the big NAMM show in Anaheim every January pushes $5 million...

Those all pale compared to the big shows like Magic, Comdex, and Homebuilders... Homebuilders is a $20 million show with around 15 million pounds of freight...

Word on the street is that the Summer Session will be back in Austin for 07 and 08, before they decide whether Nashville has done enough improvements to the facility to take the show back...

Coolest thing for me about the whole event (other than the paycheck) was the Drum Circle on Saturday night. The guy leading it got a little preachy at the end, trying to tell everyone to form circles in their own lives and remake the world in the image of a drum, blah, blah, blah... But before that, it was pretty cool watching 100 people, nearly all of them rank amateurs, combining to make some pretty damn fine music... thumbsup2.gif