• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: DC 100 pager 4

16 posts in this topic

I really like this one. Nice strong inks and gloss on this tough issue. The only major defect is the lower right corner bend. It breaks color a little on the front, and the entire length of the bend on the back. It's subtle, but it goes through the entire book. The yellow spots and lines on the back cover are VERY common printer roller drag marks. I don't think I have ever seen a copy totally free of them.

dc1004.jpg

dc1004bk.jpg

That's a tough issue to grade as the front cover is really nice, but the back cover has some finger creasing at the top cover and the crease that goes through the whole book.

I don't think the printing defects would take away from it, at all...

That's a tough issue to grade as the front cover is really nice, but the back cover has some finger creasing at the top cover and the crease that goes through the whole book.

I don't think the printing defects would take away from it, at all...

They wouldn't. I had an 8.5 with drag marks on the front and back and it looked a lot worse than this one. CGC tends to be soft on this issue because it has a black cover and it's squarebound.

Yep, spine damage on back, crease on front cover and long crease on back drop it out of 7.0. I am tempted to give it a 6.5 but can't make myself do it.

Which long crease on the back?

I noticed the spine damage but I didn't think it was significant enough to drop it out of the 7.5 range.

Well, crease might not be the proper term. It looks like a gouge running just above the demons head.

That's the printer roller line that I was talking about. It isn't a gouge, it's extra yellow ink from production. Almost every copy has that and it isn't considered a defect, nor does CGC take off for it.

Nice copy Andy, but that 1.5 inch crease thagoes through the book may be too significant for a 7.5 . . .

7.0 sumo.gif

And I have one copy without the printer's streak and one with it, although less defined than on this copy . . . grin.gif

btw, I'd be all over this copy . . . like white on rice . . . thumbsup2.gif

Nice copy Andy, but that 1.5 inch crease thagoes through the book may be too significant for a 7.5 . . .

7.0 sumo.gif

And I have one copy without the printer's streak and one with it, although less defined than on this copy . . . grin.gif

Yeah, 7.0 might be more reasonable. It's very attractive though, since the front doesn't have any little crease, fingerprints, smudges, or color breaks that seem to plague this issue.

Nice copy Andy, but that 1.5 inch crease that goes through the book may be too significant for a 7.5 . . .

7.0 sumo.gif

Yeah, 7.0 might be more reasonable. It's very attractive though, since the front doesn't have any little crease, fingerprints, smudges, or color breaks that seem to plague this issue.

Yeah . . . those dang people who paw their books when they read them! 27_laughing.gif

I agree . . . very attractive smile.gif