• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yikes: My First Negative Feedbacks

40 posts in this topic

I got blasted by this guy from Hong Kong without even telling me of the situation. Only to find out he made a mistake and they were meant for someone else. He retracts his comments and leaves other positive ones. Now he buys more books from my Ebay store.

How bad do you guys think it looks for other new buyers and would you sell to him again.

Here is the link if you feel like reading it Feedback results

if you're able, i would put in each one that the buyer gave you the negs in mistake.

the replies by you, while completely understood, probably don't look that great in the light of day.

sorry to hear about the situation. what a dumbasss that guy was

I got blasted by this guy from Hong Kong without even telling me of the situation. Only to find out he made a mistake and they were meant for someone else. He retracts his comments and leaves other positive ones. Now he buys more books from my Ebay store.

How bad do you guys think it looks for other new buyers and would you sell to him again.

Here is the link if you feel like reading it Feedback results

So, where are his books? makepoint.gif

It never looks good confused-smiley-013.gif

Most of the people who have left me negs are now NARU'ed and ebay could care less.

The "mutually withdrawn" aspect always leaves doubts too. confused-smiley-013.gif

But . . . we love ya! grin.gif

I've seen instances where feedback is noted as being removed by mutual agreement when an issue is resolved. I don't know the process but it seems that may be an option.

I had the same situation with this tool who did not know how to use a computer...After I told him of his mistake (he won the auction that day)

He told me he saw an auction that was fraudulent and was trying to leave feedback so people wouldn't bid yeahok.gif...apparantly he didn't understand the concept that you actually had to have had won the item before you could post something disparaging for the world to see.

We mutually withdrew...I hadn't left him any feedback yet...and he posted a reply saying that it was his error and it was meant for another seller.

IMHO you probably could have left better comments that weren't so attacking

Sorry to hear about your situation...

Yeah, I thought about my replies after I made them. I was so pizzed in getting negatives about something I had no idea that it was an issue, or asked about, only to find out after it was a mistake all along.

Sorry to hear that you had to go through that garbage.

Since the feedbacks were withdrawn and you're back at 100% I don't think bidders will give a hoot.

Jeez, If Nikos, the Greek Prince of comics, can get undeserved negs then anyone can. boo.gif

I'll think I'll block this guy simply based on his failure to know how to use ebay. makepoint.gif

I don't sell outside of US. Seems to have a higher rate of problems than domestic sales.

My experience has been the opposite; all of my problems buyers have been domestic, and overseas auctions have gone off without a hitch. My all-time favorite feedback came from a dude in Korea:

HE IS NICE GUY! GENTLE AND FRIENDLY.THANK YOU VERY MUCH. AAAAAA+++++++++++++++

"Gentle and friendly"? It sounds like we met in a bathouse; all I did was mail the guy a record.

Anyways, like Anfield said, once its on another page it will be less noticeable, and it looks like a mistake to boot, since your rating is 100% positive. I only get concerned when I see multiple withdrawals from multiple buyers, and there's usually negative feedback mixed in with those sellers.