• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone pre-order with ComicSupply?

21 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about starting to pre-order with Russ. I've noticed that I really can save more money. Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback?

Also, I've emailed Russ, but I'm wondering what the difference is between the Advance Special Offer section and those issues listed in the regular Advance menus...

I "switched over" on a trial basis a couple of months ago.

I should receive the first shipment in early August, so I will post then to let you know what it looks like.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ordering is very convenient IMO.

The Specials are just that...a few select titles each month at a lower price. Check there first before you do your order each month to see if a regular you collect is there. thumbsup2.gif

There is only one negative that has kept me from switching to him instead of buying from my LCS.

I need my comic fix every wednesday and I don't know if I could do the once a month thing.

There is only one negative that has kept me from switching to him instead of buying from my LCS.

I need my comic fix every wednesday and I don't know if I could do the once a month thing.

Very true, that will be tough to get used to. I'm on an every two-week plan at the moment, but only receiving books once a month could be tough. However, I could space them out and read 1 per day (although that's tough to do as well). It would allow me more time to read actual books, though.

Yeah I know. That would be a savings of $52.50 a month and I would be very happy with that.

It's a no brainer foreheadslap.gif

If it's any consolation, i recently switched to mail order and couldn't be happier.

I just found another shop about 10 miles from my current one and they give a 20 or 25% discount to subscribers. I am still thinking about what I want to do.

my big issue is that you order so far in advance. At the LCS everything is right there and something usually catches my eye that i normally might not pick up. ON the other hand saving a bunch of money is good too.

Darrell, he does offer weekly shipping for a little more per month, still well worth it for you since you get no discount. I asked him about bi-monthly and he was willing to offer that too. I'm still deciding as i like the weekly routine and those are hard to break even for $35+ a month.

The think I like about this new LCS is that they don't make you preorder your books but they will pull them for you every week and if you are a regular, you get the 20% or 25% discount. That way I can drop a title at any point and not have to worry about the next two issues that I prepaid for. Plus I do pick up books that catch my eye.

I am one of the first to try it out. I received my first order last month. Should get another this week. Books well packed and I am quite happy. I hit the local for issues that I missed. And I have been doubling up on 52. I still spend less than I normally do though.

The think I like about this new LCS is that they don't make you preorder your books but they will pull them for you every week and if you are a regular, you get the 20% or 25% discount. That way I can drop a title at any point and not have to worry about the next two issues that I prepaid for. Plus I do pick up books that catch my eye.

if i were you, i would probably split the difference. organise your pull list into two categories; one for absolutelyohmygodineeditNOW and one for "trial/second tier/completionist" books.

buy the books from the first category from your local, and all the rest from Russ. if you have any willpower at all, you'll probably save enough from buying from Russ to pick up a couple of TPBs or so after a while

if i were you, i would probably split the difference. organise your pull list into two categories; one for absolutelyohmygodineeditNOW and one for "trial/second tier/completionist" books.

buy the books from the first category from your local, and all the rest from Russ. if you have any willpower at all, you'll probably save enough from buying from Russ to pick up a couple of TPBs or so after a while

Hmm great idea, hadn't thought of that, that just might work

I am trying to stop buying the books that fall into the second category.

Haven't tried them yet, although I do order all my mylars and boxes from them.

Russ' site says that orders of $200/mth get a free upgrade to weekly shipping. He is also including free bags/boards, which is a nice touch.

If their sub service is anything like their back issues and supplies, they should do an excellent job!

Haven't tried them yet, although I do order all my mylars and boxes from them.

Russ' site says that orders of $200/mth get a free upgrade to weekly shipping. He is also including free bags/boards, which is a nice touch.

If their sub service is anything like their back issues and supplies, they should do an excellent job!

I do enjoy their service. I have purchased quite a few back issues from them at bargain prices (including my Spec Spidey #1 which came back as a 9.2 from CGC, for less than $20). I also buy my mylites2, fullbacks, and long boxes from them.

However, I'm considering buying sliding drawer boxes from this place in Denver, so I don't have to keep lifting boxes.

Yeah I know. That would be a savings of $52.50 a month and I would be very happy with that.

Just go with mail order, and spend the "saved" $52.50 per month on impulse buy moderns. yay.gif