• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver & Bronze Age Captain America's - High Grade, some CGC *DELETED*

26 posts in this topic

I'm getting ready to go to graduate school and these were the books that I want to part with. I was building a NM- to NM reader set of Captain America. It's one of the last great runs from the 1960's that ran for 30 years that is still affordable. I got so sick of buying poorly graded books on eBay when I realized if I was patient I could get 9.0 and 9.2 graded books for under book value. If there were under book value, who cares if I open them? I thought I would have this collection for a long time, now I'm sorry I cracked them. I'm 20 issues shy of having every one of the books, and I have ALL the expensive keys - I need the money for school - oh well - I'll buy them back when I have my PhD.....

Mark

Are you selling individual books at 60% of your listed/book price or are you selling the lot at that price?

Do like the rest of us, and PM him books you want to buy. Worst he can say is no. confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, I just got accepted to the University of California in Irvine and will begin work on a doctorate in Psychology

That and a couple of bucks will get you a coffee at Starbucks. thumbsup2.gif

But seriously, we were just joking around, and after you screwed it up, I did post the correct link to your auction. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Actually, I just got accepted to the University of California in Irvine and will begin work on a doctorate in Psychology so I'm good at some things, but yes I will not post here anymore. Thanks for the help!

confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, I just got accepted to the University of California in Irvine and will begin work on a doctorate in Psychology so I'm good at some things, but yes I will not post here anymore. Thanks for the help!

Well, you may just want to change the title or "On Ebay: Silver & Bronze Age Captain America's - High Grade" or even just repost the auction as an EBAY auction in a fresh thread. That IS what this particular forum is for, amoung other things: ebay auctions.

This forum is busy! Why did I not use it before. My lot sold to an interesting dealer that I'm going to deliver the books to at the Comic Con on Thursday. He owns "Classics Incorporated" and has a large color ad close to the front of the last OS price guide. He claims to be able to take graded books, do something to them, resubmit and get a higher grade. The ad in the guide talks about taking a Flash #105 that was CGC 8.0 and getting it to CGC 9.0 while retaining the universal grade? He's buying the whole lot from me so I will some cash at the con!!!!