• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NJ Super Comic Fest and Sci Fi show

13 posts in this topic

For anyone near NJ , this is supposed to be a good show . In the MEadolands Area. Comcis (At the Crowne Plaza Secaucus - Meadowlands ), Movies ( Darth Vader, Boba Fett) TV Stars ( Sapranos , Threes company etc) Aug 19-20 . I probally will be away at this time but incase anyone else in the Tri State area did not know about this show. NJ's largest comic book show.

http://www.supermegashow.com/

For anyone near NJ , this is supposed to be a good show . In the MEadolands Area. Comcis (At the Crowne Plaza Secaucus - Meadowlands ), Movies ( Darth Vader, Boba Fett) TV Stars ( Sapranos , Threes company etc) Aug 19-20 .

I probally will be away at this time but incase anyone else in the Tri State area did not know about this show. NJ's largest comic book show.

http://www.supermegashow.com/

It's not a "comic book show". It's mostly a "celebrity" autograph show with high $ admission with maybe a third comics and lots of other "stuff" like weapons and you know whats. At least that has been their history so feel free to correct if the spots have changed. You pay for the celebrities expenses which is fine if that is what you attend for. There are comics but it's not a comic book show.

You should always contact promoters and ask questions if you are planning on attending any show!

I have never been to it but some friends have and they said it was a good mix of comics and celebritys . It is billed as the biggest comic show in NJ , then again there are not too many. Hey Traci Lords will be there, Cant go wrong with that. hail.gif

I have never been to it but some friends have and they said it was a good mix of comics and celebritys . It is billed as the biggest comic show in NJ , then again there are not too many. Hey Traci Lords will be there, Cant go wrong with that. hail.gif

Oh. Now I get it. foreheadslap.gif

A mix of comics, celebrities, weapons and boots does not make it a "comic book" show.

Traci Lords? Hey honey! Lets take the kids to see Traci Lords and some "models" at the "comic book show"! 27_laughing.gif

Shes actually appearing for Blade. Either she is on the TV show or was in the movie.

As I said from my first post is Comics, Toys, TV, Movies Etc. My friends have taken there kids and I was taking my son. I still hope to.. He wants to meet Darth Vader and Boba Fett( Even though I try to tell him they will not be in costume , I think)

Lemur -

No need to build up your show by disparaging another one. There's enough room for everyone, no?

I'm not disparaging anyone. Read the posts again. I am stating facts based on my experience at their Framingham MA (no, its not in Boston) and Towson MD (not in Baltimore) shows. Most of the shows energy and focus is on non-comic areas. Fact. I speak from many years of experience and I know what a "comic book show" looks like. I also know what loose use of the english language in advertising is.

Lemur -

No need to build up your show by disparaging another one. There's enough room for everyone, no?

I'm not disparaging anyone. Read the posts again. I am stating facts based on my experience at their Framingham MA (no, its not in Boston) and Towson MD (not in Baltimore) shows. Most of the shows energy and focus is on non-comic areas. Fact. I speak from many years of experience and I know what a "comic book show" looks like. I also know what loose use of the english language in advertising is.

If this isn't dispararging,I'd hate to read you when you are.I'm not sure of your intent but it reads to me like one promoter knocking his rivals. Seems like at least one other person agrees.

Lemur -

If this isn't dispararging,I'd hate to read you when you are.I'm not sure of your intent but it reads to me like one promoter knocking his rivals. Seems like at least one other person agrees.

Stating facts and disparaging are not the same. Are any of my facts as stated incorrect? Correct me if my personal experience and observations based on three shows at different times in two different states are invalid. What are your personal observations? What percentage of comics do you think a "comic book show" should be?(shrug) Not 100 percent? What percent? Can it be a "comic book show" if it is has celebrities, bootlegs, weapons and other non-comic book stuff? I am not making judgments. I am stating that these things are not comic books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Using your criteria,should comic collectors not go to San Diego,Wizard World.Mega-Con,ect,ect.,as they are not comic shows either?How about shopping in a comic store,that carries a diverse product line?

Using your criteria,should comic collectors not go to San Diego,Wizard World.Mega-Con,ect,ect.,as they are not comic shows either?How about shopping in a comic store,that carries a diverse product line?

Would you describe these as simply as comic book show or comic book store?

Have you attended either of Primate Promotions NYC shows? Attend the 30th and see the difference. poke2.gif