• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resetting the Balance of the eBay Marketplace

68 posts in this topic

I was just going to post this. yeahok.gif

eBay fees going up for stores:

These Store Inventory format insertion fees take effect Aug. 22, 2006:

Starting Price- New Insertion Fee - Current Fee

$0.01 -- 24.99- 5¢ - 2¢

$25.00 and higher- 10¢ - 2¢

Some Store Inventory format final value fees also will also increase, effective Aug. 22, 2006:

Selling Price- New Final Value - Fee Current Fee

$0.01 -- 25.00- 10% - 8%

$25.01 -- 100.00- 7% - 5%

$100.01 -- 1,000.00- 5% (no change)- 5%

$1,000.01 and higher- 3% (no change)- 3%

Looks like another attempt at the "greed machine" to dig deeper into our pockets!

I guess I'll be working twice as hard at getting my web-site up and running. I've been putting it off and I think that this is the perfect excuse to kick thecomicguys.com into full gear!

It's not the fee increase that is the huge factor, it's the search factor! Sounds like with the new proposals store search results will be almost non-existant!

I say BOO!

John thumbsup2.gif

Looks like another attempt at the "greed machine" to dig deeper into our pockets!

John thumbsup2.gif

....recently I was thinking of trying my hand at opening an ebay store, utilizing the 1 month free trial period to see if it would be worth my while. The trial period is no longer available and with this latest development I think I'll just stick with the core auction-style listings.

Is a store insertion fee the same as the monthly per item fee? Ie, I was under the understanding that all items cost the seller 2 cents every month they are up. Is that now five cents a month? That's huge!

It has gone from 2 cents per month to 5 cents per month. That means that in the typical time that it seems to take me to move a 99 cent item I will lose money. Before it was a good way to have 50cent boxes online. Now it is just too much.

Yep - Bill Cobb and the boys just made it completely useless to try and stock anything but expensive items in an Ebay store. Crying shame because mine was just really starting to move along better and better.

Time to find another site. What a perfect opportunity for the other internet juggernaut to swoop in and google...er...gobble up all of this business and take advantage of the bad will that ebay is creating. All they need to do is look at the pace of postings on the Ebay Stores discussion board to realize that there is a huge opportunity for a pretty low cost of entry for them sitting out there for the taking.

Is a store insertion fee the same as the monthly per item fee? Ie, I was under the understanding that all items cost the seller 2 cents every month they are up. Is that now five cents a month? That's huge!

Yes.

Aces listed the particulars in his respose.

These Store Inventory format insertion fees take effect Aug. 22, 2006:

Starting Price- New Insertion Fee - Current Fee

$0.01 -- 24.99- 5¢ - 2¢

$25.00 and higher- 10¢ - 2¢

Some Store Inventory format final value fees also will also increase, effective Aug. 22, 2006:

Selling Price- New Final Value - Fee Current Fee

$0.01 -- 25.00- 10% - 8%

$25.01 -- 100.00- 7% - 5%

$100.01 -- 1,000.00- 5% (no change)- 5%

$1,000.01 and higher- 3% (no change)- 3%

893whatthe.gif

I just love how EBay states they are trying to find "balance", and while jacking the Store Fees into the stratosphere, do nothing to lower current auction fees.

Truly bizarre and I just wish they'd openly state what it is, a cash grab.

And the news just keeps getting better and better:

As many of our media sellers have requested, starting in late August we'll again provide visibility for Half.com listings in core search results,

As if the search results weren't crammed with useless BS, we now have all of the Half.com garbage spewing forth as well.

And the news just keeps getting better and better:

As many of our media sellers have requested, starting in late August we'll again provide visibility for Half.com listings in core search results,

As if the search results weren't crammed with useless BS, we now have all of the Half.com garbage spewing forth as well.

No joke foreheadslap.gif

This is the problem with monoplies, they can pull this cr@p and get away with it.

I am going to be forced to close my eBay store as well. My business model does not work with that fee structure.

I'd love to see the calculation that told them fees would only increase 6% with the change. I will be hit much more than that.

What is Mile High going to do with their x thousand listings?

I'd love to see the calculation that told them fees would only increase 6% with the change.

Me too. That number makes no sense, and I bet there is one "perfect storm" scenario where 6% is the increase, while the other 99.99999% of stores would pay far more.

I agree with you guys. This is a gigantic increase and suddenly tons of items make no sense at ten cents a month. It's a huge increase all around. I have a friend with a couple thousand comic listings and most of them under $25.00. He probably was paying $200 in fees and now it looks like he'd be over $300. So that's 50% for him and a $1200 annual hit.

Marc

Most of my items (and the ones I have been preparing to add over the next couple of months) are under $3. At 2 cents a month and 8% FVF I was OK. 5 cents a month and 10% is completely out of the question. I am not sure how I am going to be handling it but for folks looking for inexpensive single items on Ebay it just changed to the wrong place to go.

Way to go Bill and Meg...real smart...I hope that your stock options get crushed!