• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Civil War #4

13 posts in this topic

Did you see what editor Tom Breevort had to say about Civil War #4?

....... TB: "Okay, we've already said that issue #4 includes a death, a funeral, a betrayal and a team reborn. So somebody's not making it out of the book in one piece, and you're about to see a major status quo shift for both a team and a book in the Marvel U.

And Thor is the fifth tease." ........

I'm guessing Thor will side with either Captain America or Iron Man to start the new Mighty Avengers.

MCW004a_dc_t.jpg

Though I can see Thor siding with Iron Man, after all isn't being a god the ultimate authority figure after all? And wouldn't that mean Thor would want people to listen to the authorities? Still, Thor has always been closer to Cap than Tony Stark. Just look at the last issues of the original series where it was just Cap and a depowered Thor fighting the bad guys for a look at their friendship. And since the end of the last series where Thor fought against the shadowy figures that had continually resurrected the Norse gods so I can definitely see he switching sides and sticking with Cap on this one.

Though I can see Thor siding with Iron Man, after all isn't being a god the ultimate authority figure after all? And wouldn't that mean Thor would want people to listen to the authorities? Still, Thor has always been closer to Cap than Tony Stark. Just look at the last issues of the original series where it was just Cap and a depowered Thor fighting the bad guys for a look at their friendship. And since the end of the last series where Thor fought against the shadowy figures that had continually resurrected the Norse gods so I can definitely see he switching sides and sticking with Cap on this one.

Ooo, might have to disagree here. While Thor and Cap do have a strong relationship, Tony and Thor have much closer over the years as evidenced in countless Avengers issues and their own series.

I really can't see Thor siding with Cap at all. Now, when Hulk comes back... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm voting he goes with Cap's side.

All I can say is, thank god Thor is back. Doesn't get much better for me.

Pretty bad when Thor was shown on a Credit Card commericial (or bank?) but was dead in the comics!!

Pat

It really wasn't that long. Maybe 2 years? I'll have to check.

He's just in my top 5 favs so I was a bit bummed. On the flip side, his death was cool and probably was some of the better issues I've seen concerning Thor in a long time. There have probably been an abundance more of bad Thor stories than there are good ones.

Pat

Yeah, Thor's been dead since 2004 I think, I'm sure wiki has it.

Hulk got launched into space (see Civil War Illuminatti)on a SHIELD satellite so I don't think he'll be returning anytime soon.

i can't see Thor wanting to registered by any 'mortal' authority, much less forcing friends like Cap and Herc to do so against their will...Wonder if this IS the real Thor? Probably a LMD which would just stink

and where *is* the Hulk?

Hulk is on another planet after the satellite/ship he was on was sent out to space by Reed Richards, Tony Stark and most of the rest of the Illumanti along with Nick Fury. He was suppose to be heading toward a planet where there wasn't anything to bother him and therefore the Hulk would have peace at last. However, the ship was knocked off course and landed on a world ruled by a ruthless emperor and Hulk had to fight in some gladiator games. The whole story is the "Planet Hulk" story that's running in his book all year. *Spoiler* Hulk did meet up with the Silver Surfer in the story and was offered a ride to Earth that he turned down. So I don't know if Hulk is really going to have anything to do with the Civil War story for a while.

Another *Spoiler* in FF #538 a blond guy with the initials D.B. pushes his way through a line of people who were attempting to lift Thor's hammer in Oklahoma. Once he reaches it there's a blast of light that arc's off into the sky. So it looks like its going to be the real Thor and not an LMD. Oh, and Thor wasn't dead! At the end of his last series basically all of Asgard was decimated but he was still standing and talking to the shadowy dudes that had been pulling the strings all these years. At the end Thor says something like he was going to take a long rest but it didn't definitely state he died. Just that he was resting. Kinda letting his conciousness float out there in the cosmos.