• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not Another Market Crash Thread....

198 posts in this topic

I would love to see this office where Joe works - he sounds like the shnizzit! Joe is the go to guy! Joe the ever cheerful! Joe the peacemaker and problem solver!

Anytime you want to compare IQs for cash, give me a buzz.

Sounds like another BSD morning on the boards.... 27_laughing.gif

I would love to see this office where Joe works - he sounds like the shnizzit! Joe is the go to guy! Joe the ever cheerful! Joe the peacemaker and problem solver!

Anytime you want to compare IQs for cash, give me a buzz.

Sounds like another BSD morning on the boards.... 27_laughing.gif

If you want to call me names and insult my intelligence, I say put your money where your mouth is. Bring it on....

My, that must be an interesting world you live in...

It is, it's called the real world. Let's see those lists Joe!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

If you want to call me names and insult my intelligence, I say put your money where your mouth is. Bring it on....

You obviously misinterpretted my post as I did neither... wink.gif...it was meant to point out the "chest thumping" this morning....nothing more...nothing less... makepoint.gif

I'll take you up on that smile.gif

A little "you're being arrogant again" warning just went off in my brain, so I'll cut this one short before I go over the edge...

Oh for the love of god.

Welcome to "Prototypical Message Board pizzing Match 101" everyone. I hope you enjoy your stay. This is the argument from which all message board flame wars are born. Apparently none of you are secure enough in your "manhood" to just threaten to beat the hell out of one another a la Meth so you're reduced to this? Come on, this conversation will one day evolve into a grand "Fine. Let's meet at San Diego so I can kick your [!@#%^&^]."-type conversation. Just skip the prelims and head straight to the finals so we can empty the kerosene reserves on this impending flame war!

(edited because you apparently can't say "[!@#%^&^]" here.) mad.gif

Sorry banner, but I'm an extremely quick, witty, social person, and one of those rare "company problem solvers/font of knowledge" types who can amaze the rubes with his feats of intellect. That has a definite downside, which means I get a lot of business and non-business requests for help and info.

cliff.jpg

I know why you feel the need to personally insult me all the time, instead of dealing with the questions posed.

You fear what will come.

A CGC melt-down is a virtual certainty, the question is when. You all know you're sitting on a speculative bubble, so when someone like myself illustrates these somewhat-repressed fears, you strike back with verbal taunts, cut-n-paste insults and various other immature slams.

If I was sitting on a stack of over-priced CGC books, watching the speculators leaving in droves, witnessing more and more "reserve not met" auctions, noticing the stock market picking up, and seeing the drop of "invest in comics" attention by the mainstream media, I might be a bit testy as well.

Then again, I'm smart enough not to invest any significant capital in something as flimsy and volatile as CGC books, so there you go...

Just show me the lists of "late-Silver/early/mid-Bronze X-Men and ASM" that your co-workers are trying to sell CI...yeah, right. Nice story there fiction-boy! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Just show me the lists of "late-Silver/early/mid-Bronze X-Men and ASM" that your co-workers are trying to sell CI...yeah, right. Nice story there fiction-boy! 893naughty-thumb.gif

From this, I can see you're scared out of your (albeit limited) brains, and must resort to insults and name-calling to feel better.

Let's party like it's 1993!!!

Ladies, please. Take it to a PM level if you're going to be person_without_enough_empathyy. Joe, post a list. Let us determine what the market value is. I think EVERYBODY here understands that yes, you were right, and that the value for everyday CGC books has shrunk, in some cases dramatically, since May 2002 (that was the peak, I'm guessing).

But even so, the market for late Silver/early Bronze Spideys may still be there, and if these guys do in fact have these books, they might be able to make some cash. Lets see what they have.

Okay, you're telling me you'd pay $225 for a CGC 9.6 X-Men 137? If so, please send me a Paypal PM and I WILL hook you up. GUARANTEED.

I don't remeber anyone ever paying that much for that book. They must have been high also, not just drunk. Even during the spidey movie hype which was when all books were going crazy, X-men 137 in 9.6 still would only break $100.00 on occasion.

But even so, the market for late Silver/early Bronze Spideys may still be there, and if these guys do in fact have these books, they might be able to make some cash. Lets see what they have.

Do you really think, after the abuse I've taken in these threads, that I'd post anything for you lamers? I wouldn't give you saps the sweat off my dog's butt if you paid double-Guide.

And just a P.S. I own a bunch of X-Men, so if I felt the need to "prove" anything to you 'tards, it wouldn't be difficult.

But like I said before, one had a CGC 9.6 X-Men 137 he wanted his cost of $225 for. None of the books were anywhere near reality, and it wasted 10 minutes of my life talking to them, and I do not want to waste anymore by getting and retyping lists so you guys can jack off.

I have data from Feb 2001 through April 2002 for X-men 137 in 9.6 and 9.8 starting with the oldest first to the most recent. They must not have bought theirs on Ebay because I was mad-crazy tracking books during this time and never missed one completed Ebay sale.

$178.50

$201.50

$218.50

$197.50

$380.00

$310.00

$263.88

$214.50

$227.49

$298.00

$255.00

$105.00

$86.09

$89.00

$75.00

$112.50

$86.00

$62.00

$96.00

$75.00

$62.99

$65.00

$65.00

$61.00

$67.66

$86.00

$75.00

$75.00

$89.95

$87.50

$95.00

$82.00

$100.00

$88.99

$76.00

$123.00

$102.50

$99.95

$82.00

"You fear what will come.

I own 9 CGC graded books. The one that cost me the most was $56 (that's with shipping). It's a great looking (and under graded IMO) X-Men #45 in 8.5.

Not only do I not fear what will come, I hope your right. I would like nothing more then to see CGC books sell at guide or less. Will that day come? Maybe, maybe not.

The problem is that you've turned into a one trick pony. You've always been a , but in the distant past you were at least compelling at times. I even rated you five stars under your Cimicinvestor ID just because I enjoy seeing the pot stirred every once in a while, and you did that.

Unfortunately in your current incarnation you've failed to bring anything new to your song and dance. It's just the same old 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif. Why not take a day off and stop feeling sorry for all the "suckers"? You've offered all the "help" you can, now sit back and enjoy the ride.

You don't care about the future of comics and even less about the people that buy them. Maybe you should hang out in the coin forum. You might feel more at home there with your own kind.

I don't remeber anyone ever paying that much for that book.

Well, few people have as good a memory as I do, so don't feel bad.

Late-2000 or so (maybe earlier?), there was a seller who hit the CGC apex spot-on, and posted his books with a "I am a longtime collector who only bought the best and I am offering my high-grade collection for the first time.. blah, blah, blah".

I have auction data on his sales (he sold the entire New X-Men run in 9.4-9.8), one of which was an X-Men 137 9.6 for over $200. He got insane prices on all his stuff (it was early in the game) and made off like a bandit. Other X-Men listings did as well, though this "eye of the storm" only lasted a few months, and things cooled down in Summer 2001.

Now just to make sure, I looked through a few old Wizards, and there was a verified sale of a CGC 9.4 X-Men 137 at $132 and a 9.6 at $202. I just parsed a few 2000 issue and it's not the highest I've seen (maybe for the 9.4??) but right along the lines of my listed auction sales.

How soon we all forget the CGC insanity....