• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not Another Market Crash Thread....

198 posts in this topic

You post a thread with a subject "Not Another Market Crash Thread", proceed to illustrate how office cohorts are brainless twits who have foolishly invested in comics

Haven't you been listening to banner?

No one ever sells their CGC comics, there's no such thing as "foolishly investing in CGC comics", and such, these "office cohorts" cannot exist.

Get with the program!!

I don't deny that they might have overpaid for some X-men books in 2000. With CGC in it's infancy (first few months) you would have been a fool to jump in and overpay. Although I can tell you this, my best deals purchase-wise were in 2001. Most of those books have doubled in value since then because there were not that many people familiar with CGC and less competition meant lower prices. The worst was during April/May 2002 when I overpaid for a couple books that have since lost half their value (a couple modern Spidey 9.8's) In any case, I am well ahead of where I would be investment wise had I never purchased any CGC books and since investing is only 1/2 the fun (owning/collecting the books is the most important part) I only sell when I feel I can make money on a book, otherwise I will enjoy it in my collection since that is the reason why I purchased it to begin with!

I don't deny that they might have overpaid for some X-men books in 2000. With CGC in it's infancy (first few months) you would have been a fool to jump in and overpay. Although I can tell you this, my best deals purchase-wise were in 2001.

Oh yeah, Summer 2001 was a great time to buy. I looked through some old Wizards, and from the bizarro heights of 2000, some books fell to 1/3-1/4 their price, and were a relatively good deal, assuming you knew what you were doing.

I think banner's overt "CGC conditioning" is working, as the next time a co-worker offers to sell me a CGC comic, I won't be posting it for the forum simpletons and feebs to slobber all over.

Yawn, just show us the lists Joe. Interesting results from the Poll - one person believes your little story (now who could that be? sekret.GIF), but it looks like everyone else thinks you're lying.

lynchstill.gif

Yawn, just show us the lists Joe. Interesting results from the Poll - one person believes your little story (now who could that be? sekret.GIF), but it looks like everyone else thinks you're lying.

Gee banner, checking out the available options, it's hardly surprising. You have no style, none at all.

Keep trying to insult me, harrass me, and belittle every little thing I post on here. I don't need to justify myself to someone who is so obviously beneath me, so keep acting like the little kid you are, banner.

Oh yeah, that goes double for his gang of little rascals. You time-frozen, mal-adjusted urchins crack me up.

The above sounds likea combination of the evil emperor and our own beloved Hammer! I could almost imagine the Wicked Witch from Oz also. So evryone watch out for the flying monkees! Did I mention that flying monkees are the last phase of a cgc crash - right after it rains frogs? And as for your offer to compare IQs, why not bank accounts? Or house square footage and location? Or mortgage payment? Or cars? Or biceps? Or weeniers? Or how many cgc books we own? Or how about Phi Beta Kappa keys and from which college? You are laughable.

Gee banner, checking out the available options, it's hardly surprising. You have no style, none at all.

Right, right, right. Flatulent, time-frozen, pimping troll. We got that. How about the list? I mean, even I am starting to doubt the validity of your story, C.I. Joe!

one person believes your little story (now who could that be? sekret.GIF), but it looks like everyone else thinks you're lying.

You know, that actually makes me wonder why I'm even contributing on here, especially as the vast majority of my posts have been non-market crash related.

I guess if the vast majority of people on here think I'm a liar, then it says quite a lot for who I'm supposedly conversing with.

one person believes your little story (now who could that be? sekret.GIF), but it looks like everyone else thinks you're lying.

You know, that actually makes me wonder why I'm even contributing on here, especially as the vast majority of my posts have been non-market crash related.

I guess if the vast majority of people on here think I'm a liar, then it says quite a lot for who I'm supposedly conversing with.

Here it comes.......

Joe Collector/Comic Investor,

You are so full of it, you just ramble on and on. Every day you sound more and more like comic-keys/hammer.

As Dr. Banner said - "let's see the list" or did you just make up your silly story just so you can leave your name on the CGC message boards?

John

How about the list?

Go get it yourself pinhead. The day I work for simpletons is the day I die.

On another note, the results are in: 11-1 believe I am a liar.

On another note, I won't print what I believe of you.

it says quite a lot for who I'm supposedly conversing with.

Yup. It says that no one wants to hear it any more. It's old, played out, beaten to death, hung out to dry, old news. Your hype is over hyped. You're hyped out.

How about the list?

Go get it yourself pinhead. The day I work for simpletons is the day I die.

On another note, the results are in: 11-1 believe I am a liar.

On another note, I won't print what I believe of you.

Oh no! Oh, wait. Why would I care what a liar and a thief thinks of me?

How about the list? (By the way, spending your every day struggling to impress everyone here with your voluminous postings demonstrating your "vast" knowledge (mythology) about The Way Things Are IS work. We just don't make you clock in. You can thank us later.

Why don't you report on something you're highly qualified? Bulk Comic Books.

As opposed to you, who is immensely qualified in simply BULK, along with knowing exactly how many pieces of chicken there are in a KFC Bucket.

Keep stuffing your face lardo, a stroke's right around the corner.

Why don't you report on something you're highly qualified? Bulk Comic Books.

As opposed to you, who is immensely qualified in simply BULK, along with knowing exactly how many pieces of chicken there are in a KFC Bucket.

Keep stuffing your face lardo, a stroke's right around the corner.

You were just criticizing someone else for namecalling? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Comic Investor/Joe Collector,

Why don't you operate your website? Get a job and stop insulting people who don't agree w/ you?

Isn't that what you always talked about, always buying bulk comic books on eBay in the hope of finding that elusive Ms. Marvel #1 and reporting it on your website?

John