• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF #15 or ASM #1 in CGC 10? What would it be worth?

46 posts in this topic

Let's suppose a perfect copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 or Amazing Spider-Man #1 were graded a 10 by CGC. What would it sell for? Who would pay the price to acquire it? I would think it would be easily $1M plus...

V/R,

Mike

most people with that amount of money would be sceptical (hey I'm european), of the validity of the grade, and you don't generally get label chasers at that kind of price

I can't see a 10 asm 1 selling for more than the 9.8 one. How many people are sniffing around doug's ff1 9.6 ? not many I would suspect, and that's the best FF1 in existence. The kind of people prepared to pay 7 figures for a comic would be only interested in the big 2 keys. Action and Detective.

most people with that amount of money would be sceptical (hey I'm european), of the validity of the grade, and you don't generally get label chasers at that kind of price

I can't see a 10 asm 1 selling for more than the 9.8 one. How many people are sniffing around doug's ff1 9.6 ? not many I would suspect, and that's the best FF1 in existence. The kind of people prepared to pay 7 figures for a comic would be only interested in the big 2 keys. Action and Detective.

Yeah but Fantastic Four 1 isn't Amazing Fantasy 15.

This is an utterly stupid post. screwy.gif

Why not ask, "What would happen if you had a 50 inch peni$?" 893whatthe.gif Relax and come back to reality.

Which is exactly why i refuse to weigh in on the situation.

This is an utterly stupid post. screwy.gif

Why not ask, "What would happen if you had a 50 inch peni$?" 893whatthe.gif Relax and come back to reality.

Which is exactly why i refuse to weigh in on the situation.

Come on guys, that's the easy way out.

Here's my take: Either book is worth $1 billion in 10.0 condition.

Don't agree? Prove me wrong. yay.gif

asm1 in in 10 would be worth the same as the asm 1 in 9.8 at the moment is worth, based on the fact that it's the single, highest existing copy.

CGC grades simply don't matter above 9.6 at the extreme high price level, is anyone going to bite on dougs 9.8 x-men 1 at 350k ? especially if they do a bit of research and find out it was once a 9.6

the value of cgc for extremely high value books is in proving (to the best of their knowlegdge) that the book is what it claims to be, in terms of restoration

if people want to play fantasy cgc prices, a far more plausible one would be

what would Action 1 or Detective 27 be worth in blue label 9.4

both far more likely to exist than a 10 on a silver age major key.

The question becomes-Could a AF #15 be graded high enough that it could surpass the value of the highest graded Action #1?

I'd say-Yes,in theory,No in reality.

Yes, but only if you can find an AF#15 that would grade out at 11.

asm1 in in 10 would be worth the same as the asm 1 in 9.8 at the moment is worth, based on the fact that it's the single, highest existing copy.

CGC grades simply don't matter above 9.6 at the extreme high price level, is anyone going to bite on dougs 9.8 x-men 1 at 350k ? especially if they do a bit of research and find out it was once a 9.6

the value of cgc for extremely high value books is in proving (to the best of their knowlegdge) that the book is what it claims to be, in terms of restoration

Your logic is inconsistent. On the one hand, you're saying that there's a threshold point at which grade doesn't matter for certain high dollar books. On the other, you point out that it matters that doug's x-men 1 was in a 9.6 holder.

I definately think that if a 9.9 or 10.0 copy surfaced for any of the mentioned books that it would command significantly more money, not just b/c it's the highest graded copy, but also b/c of its insane state of preservation.

The highest graded non-restored Amazing Fantasy 15 sold for $150,000 at 9.4 (the WM copy). Hypothetically, I believe, if a 9.6 were to go to auction tomorrow it would sell for significantly less than if instead a 9.8 went to auction. Ditto if it was a 10.0 relative to both the hypothetical 9.6 or 9.8.

Can I just say that if one did surface, I would absolutely guarantee that it had been beaten within a inch of its life.

And probably by either Nelson, Schmell or Lauterbach... yeahok.gif

Threesome. cloud9.gif

Usually a word that spikes me out of my usual stupour...

Not makes me vomit. mad.gif

Can I just say that if one did surface, I would absolutely guarantee that it had been beaten within a inch of its life.

And probably by either Nelson, Schmell or Lauterbach... yeahok.gif

Threesome. cloud9.gif

Usually a word that spikes me out of my usual stupour...

Not makes me vomit. mad.gif

sorry.gif