• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic collector's society

25 posts in this topic

None of my "tabs" are working today.

"Control Panel" "My registry" "Grading and Submissions".

Only the Chat Boards are working.

Anyone else having trouble?

Update:

Must have been a temporary problem. All is working well now.

I'm fairly new to the Collector's Society and I just checked a current submission status...it said Category "Universal"...

However, the other categories Grade/Page Quality/etc said "n/a"

Does that mean I've been through the resto check and have come out clean but the grades have still not posted?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Tom

I'm fairly new to the Collector's Society and I just checked a current submission status...it said Category "Universal"...

However, the other categories Grade/Page Quality/etc said "n/a"

Does that mean I've been through the resto check and have come out clean but the grades have still not posted?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Tom

I know that the restoration check comes before the book is graded...but their current status codes don't show this. My understanding is that once it reaches "Verify" status that the book has been entered into the system for grading. Your theory makes sense but I'm not 100% sure.

From my experience the tracking is cool, but you really don't get a leg up any quicker than through a dealer. How is that possible do you ask? I've always gotten my grades faster by calling...in fact I've gotten my grades 2 weeks before the Collector Society tracking system shows them...as they don't appear online until they go "Final" (aka shipped). As you know grading occurs before encapsulation, which is usually at the final two weeks for the process.

I've found that CGC can usually tell you the grades within the last two week estimation. In fact, they e-mail me the grades. The few times I've used the tracking system I haven't been able to see the grades until they are about at my door. (Hint to CGC: you can show more value for the tracking feature by showing the grades prior to encapsulation)

A difference a couple of years makes...I now use the CS function, and I find out my grades after it reaches "Graded" status, which is prior to encapsulation aka Shipped/Safe...so they implemented that feature.

An additional feature I would like to see is an automatic e-mail with the grades once an order is in the "Graded" status...configurable on the account no doubt.