• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age posters

26 posts in this topic

Its kind of slow around here so I figured I would post this question in here. I stumbled across 4 unused posters from the early to mid 80's from marvel a silver surfer, a fantastic four by bryne, a spiderman and a marvel 25th anniversary poster. Is there any demand for these or is everyone into the 60's-70's posters. Aslo if you have them post them Lets check them out. popcorn.gif

It's too big to scan, but I have a neat promo poster circa 1986 or so advertising Miller/Mazzuchelli on Daredevil #227-233, the "Born Again" storyline. The image is a stark Mazzuchelli drawing of two hands holding a fragment of Daredevil's torn costume which shows the letters "DD". Pretty cool!

What is the 80s Spiderman poster advertising?

I have the Mutant Massacre poster for the X Titles which shows pipes connecting the titles, red and black ink on white paper, prob about 16 x 22 if memory serves me correct.

Still searching for a Fall of the Mutants poster and Justice League Maguire poster

"and a marvel 25th anniversary poster. Is there any demand for these or is everyone into the 60's-70's posters?"

I demand the Marvel 25th anniversary poster. Just kidding, but if you are interested in selling I may be in the market.

I remember the Marvel posters from this period very well as they were all over the walls of Clint's comics in KC, MO. It seems Marvel was into marketing any and all storylines let alone characters/titles for awhile there. I don't know how collectible they are but I imagine more so than the comics they were promoting in many cases.

I've been looking for three for a very long time:

1. Any of the Moebius Marvel posters in the late 80's/early 90s. Especially the Daredevil and Iron Mans.

2. X-tinction Agenda Poster - Looks like a Wanted poster with Archangel, Cable, and Wolverine on it.

3. A huge Marvel poster with nearly every villian and hero on it. I'm not sure what it's even called. Freakin' huge though. Might be this 25th you're talking about .

If someone has these, let me know and a price.

Thanks

Pat

The X-tinction Agenda Poster looks like this cover:

X-tinction Agenda Poster Example

Main difference is that it is brown and looks like it's "tattered" on the edges to resemble a Wanted Poster. States "Wanted" at the top.

Ahhh, I miss Archangel.

Pat

I worked in a comic store for about a year or so back in 94-95 after college when I was figuring out what to do and also have quite a few promo posters from that period like 50th ann of Captain America etc. Fun stuff.

That Marvel 25th isn't what I'm after. The one I'm looking for is enormous. The poses are much more similar to the characters at the top of the Marvel 25th. Sure wish I knew the name of it. Very comprehensive in the characters shown.

Pat

That Marvel 25th isn't what I'm after. The one I'm looking for is enormous. The poses are much more similar to the characters at the top of the Marvel 25th. Sure wish I knew the name of it. Very comprehensive in the characters shown.

Pat

I believe the poster you want is the 'Marvel Universe' poster by Ed Hannigan and Joe Rubinstein. It was a large poster & was a marriage of all of the covers from the initial Marvel Universe series. I believe it was first put out in 1985 & has since been reproduced by Dynamic Forces. The DF version is a good bit smaller, iirc, but on heavy paper.

I passed on buying this poster when it came out because it was too dang big! I had nowhere to put it up in my room... sorry.gif

I think I still have the Frank Miller Dark Knight poster. I've been wanting to get a new copy of that George Perez Teen Titans poster. I had it for years, then finally lost or jettisoned it sometime after college. They're still available on ebay, but I lack a place to hang it without declaring immediately to all visitors my comicgeekness. And wasn't there a Sienkiewicz New Mutants poster? I recall having that, and that it was awesome.

I used to have a bunch of those half-sheet promo posters. One of my favorite things about going to the Creation cons in Philadelphia when I was a kid was the tables by the entrance of free posters, buttons, ashcans, etc. All long since trashed.