• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So is it common for Heritage...

33 posts in this topic

Lord foreheadslap.gif why ANYONE would continue to buy from Heritage, is baffling yeahok.gif

oh well, perhaps its ME that is crazy screwy.gif but I just don't understand it confused-smiley-013.gif

I can't find high grade Barks Duck books anywhere else? I just factor in the buyer's premium into my bidding. What's the big deal? The buyer's premium could be 99% and I wouldn't care. confused-smiley-013.gif

Heh, in my case the buyers premium and the shipping will end up being 40% of the cost.

Well, I just figured, considering all the following:

1) Resto issues

2) Pressing issues

3) re-submit/upgrade issues

4) "Possible" conflict of interest issues?

5) association issues

6) resto in blue labels issues

and so on, and so on...personally, I thought there was MUCH more to be worried about regarding buying from Heritage Auctions, than simply their "Vig" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey, some people like to test the waters so to say. Remember that "Grizzly man" dude confused.gif wasn't difficult to predict WHAT would eventually happen to him. It was only the "When" part, that was truly debatable confused-smiley-013.gif

1) Resto issues

2) Pressing issues

5) association issues

and so on, and so on...personally, I thought there was MUCH more to be worried about regarding buying from Heritage Auctions, than simply their "Vig"

Hey, some people like to test the waters so to say. Remember that "Grizzly man" dude wasn't difficult to predict WHAT would eventually happen to him. It was only the "When" part, that was truly debatable

Everything you say might very well be true but let me add an addendum. After we buy the "problem books" you mentioned from Heritage we offer them on the other auction sites with a hefty markup.

...about three or four weeks ago the site crashed so bad that 3/4 of the auctions went for peanuts cause no one was able to get snipe bids in the last 20 minutes or so,...it's been happening steadily for the last few months with them and they must be loosing tons of cash,..not to mention the consignees loosing big time as well,...I would be royally pizzed if they were my books,...

Any bets that the consignees are never informed as to these problems. Thet probably just think its bad timing as their books just happened to go for so much lower than the prevailing market value at the time.

I wonder if Heritage could be open up to potential lawsuits here in the case of No Reserve auction lots? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

to cr@p out in the last 5 minutes of bidding?

I won a few things for cheap that I wasn't expecting to, heck, I wasn't expecting to win anything, and there were a few things that I tossed thrill bids on that ended a good deal less than I expected. I blame Heritage's site essentially crashing (at least it did for me) during the all important final 5 minutes.

Stop it, Dave! Your report based on actual fact will undermine all the conspiracy theories of Heritage shilling auctions right up to the winning bidders' maximum bid price!

I won a few things for cheap that I wasn't expecting to, heck, I wasn't expecting to win anything, and there were a few things that I tossed thrill bids on that ended a good deal less than I expected. I blame Heritage's site essentially crashing (at least it did for me) during the all important final 5 minutes.

Stop it, Dave! Your report based on actual fact will undermine all the conspiracy theories of Heritage shilling auctions right up to the winning bidders' maximum bid price!

Tim;

That's probably why the system crashed. Too much shill bidding going on at the end of the auctions. 27_laughing.gif

...about three or four weeks ago the site crashed so bad that 3/4 of the auctions went for peanuts cause no one was able to get snipe bids in the last 20 minutes or so,...it's been happening steadily for the last few months with them and they must be loosing tons of cash,..not to mention the consignees loosing big time as well,...I would be royally pizzed if they were my books,...

I believe these crashes have been happening with the weekly Amazing Auctions, where I would estimate that 75% or more of the listed items are Heritage's own inventory (certainly all the Random House copies, which must be at least 65% by volume of their Amazing Auctions for the past year). So while some consignees have been taking a hit (and I agree I'd be unhappy if I were one of them), it seems to mainly be a case of Heritage shooting its own foot. This would explain why I picked up some Turoks and Koraks at ridiculously low prices recently. yay.gif

1) Resto issues

2) Pressing issues

5) association issues

and so on, and so on...personally, I thought there was MUCH more to be worried about regarding buying from Heritage Auctions, than simply their "Vig" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey, some people like to test the waters so to say. Remember that "Grizzly man" dude confused.gif wasn't difficult to predict WHAT would eventually happen to him. It was only the "When" part, that was truly debatable confused-smiley-013.gif

BHD/Bugs, is that you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tim;

That's probably why the system crashed. Too much shill bidding going on at the end of the auctions. 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif