• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So is it common for Heritage...

33 posts in this topic

to cr@p out in the last 5 minutes of bidding?

I won a few things for cheap that I wasn't expecting to, heck, I wasn't expecting to win anything, and there were a few things that I tossed thrill bids on that ended a good deal less than I expected. I blame Heritage's site essentially crashing (at least it did for me) during the all important final 5 minutes.

Naw its all very well planned to be that way, so that next time people are waiting to snipe they will remember that situation and bid earlier 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Naw its all very well planned to be that way, so that next time people are waiting to snipe they will remember that situation and bid earlier 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

but with that thinking in mind,

I would just snipe half and bid half...

No sense in over paying!

yay.gif

Lord foreheadslap.gif why ANYONE would continue to buy from Heritage, is baffling yeahok.gif

oh well, perhaps its ME that is crazy screwy.gif but I just don't understand it confused-smiley-013.gif

If you purchase selectively, shop wisely, keep an eye on the buyer's premium, and on the cost of shipping, you can get some good deals from Heritage. My two favortie purchases from them are:

Rulah #22 apparent VF (slight color touch) purchased at about 1/6th the cost of an unrestored VF; and

Shock Suspenstores 16 (KKK cover) undergraded as Fine and purchased for less than fine.

Was I lucky? Perhaps. But for every book I buy from Heritage, I watch and/or bid on dozens of others.

i've seen a couple complaints about the same thing a couple times recently...

One of those threads would be mine. grin.gif

...about three or four weeks ago the site crashed so bad that 3/4 of the auctions went for peanuts cause no one was able to get snipe bids in the last 20 minutes or so,...it's been happening steadily for the last few months with them and they must be loosing tons of cash,..not to mention the consignees loosing big time as well,...I would be royally pizzed if they were my books,...

Well, I did end up getting a bunch of cheap Marvel Don Rosas. confused-smiley-013.gif
I tried to put in a bid at the end for one of those and the bid never made it through.

yay.gif

By the time I was able to get through it appeared the 6 or so cheapy Don Rosas had managed 1 bid between them in the final 5 minutes.

Its not like I was getting key books for 10% guide or anything, but I figure the MMWestern 42 would have managed at least another bid or two. I mean, Mighty Marvel Western, that's a hot book right there! insane.gif

Lord foreheadslap.gif why ANYONE would continue to buy from Heritage, is baffling yeahok.gif

oh well, perhaps its ME that is crazy screwy.gif but I just don't understand it confused-smiley-013.gif

I can't find high grade Barks Duck books anywhere else? I just factor in the buyer's premium into my bidding. What's the big deal? The buyer's premium could be 99% and I wouldn't care. confused-smiley-013.gif

i've seen a couple complaints about the same thing a couple times recently...

One of those threads would be mine. grin.gif

but you're on dialup so you don't count. poke2.gif

sorry.gif