• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant- what's good? what's not?

54 posts in this topic

Looking for something good and cheap to collect , and thought I might try some Valiants. What's good to start with? and what books should I avoid? I'm typically into non-superhero type books, and recall liking Eternal Warrior for a few issues I bought a long while back...

and it iss safe to assume that no non-cgc Valiant book costs over $10? and most are a quarter?

Looking for something good and cheap to collect , and thought I might try some Valiants. What's good to start with? and what books should I avoid? I'm typically into non-superhero type books, and recall liking Eternal Warrior for a few issues I bought a long while back...

and it iss safe to assume that no non-cgc Valiant book costs over $10? and most are a quarter?

It's almost safe to assume non-CGC Valiant books are under $10.

Most are around $0.25 to $1, particularly 1993-94.

(This guide includes shipping costs in the price estimates.)

http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/guide.asp

There are very few regular issues that sell above $10.

http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/mostwanted.asp

What are the best Valiant books?

Almost universally, the answer is Pre-Unity (1991-mid1992).

http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/issuelist.asp

Once you've read Pre-Unity, and the Unity crossover, it's easy to pick your favorites

and continue those series.

thumbsup2.gif

most pre-unity stuff I enjoyed

However, I liked bloodshot, ninjak, and eternal warrior until the end...i never said I had the best taste in books smile.gif

Archer and Armstrong was/is my favorite title,followed by Eternal Warrior and then Harbinger.I recently re-read Harbinger 7 thru 20something and it didn't quite hit it for me.Re-Read A&A and really enjoyed that couple of hours.

I collected tham all missing about 7-8 to get one of every issue. Magnus was great unitl about #20 or so. X-O was by far my favorite and held my interest through most of the run. Shadowman was another one that held my interest. If you like a different take on a Punisher type character try Bloodshot. The worst of the lot I would have to say was Ninjak. The Valiant Universe had some nice diversity for the amount of titles they had. Another good fun read was Quantum and Woody. I would buy one of each of the number #1's and go from there if you want a well rounded sample.

I pretty much enjoyed them all when they first came out through the hype.

Made quite a bit of money in the day too.....I only have 1 long box of them now sitting in my duplicate areas. Speculating days are long gone for me.