• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turtles, anyone?

35 posts in this topic

I checked the old CBGs I had saved with the Turtles ads in them and this wasn't published there. It looks a lot like one of those ads however.

Thanks, Chuck! And so the mystery continues!

Doesn't really matter, but it's fun trying to find out.

Hari

Hey Hari,

I checked my Mirage stuff. Its not in issue #4, its not in the Raphael one-shot (which I believe came out between issues 3 and 4), and its not in the Fugitoid one-shot. Also, its not displayed in Eastman's TMNT Artobiography (Which, if any of you guys are interested in this stuff, you would love. Just imagine if every artists kept as much of their work as Eastman. Its amazing to see full issues worth of thumbnails juxtaposed against penciled and inked work juxtaposed against the pages after the toning process). This really leads me to think it was in CBG or an industry magazine. Do I get to have it now? smile.gif

I just got this Turtles-related piece in. Its from the Veitch penciled and Eastman Inked Casey Jones series "North by Downeast" which was first published in the Mirage Anthology "Plastron Cafe" and was later published and finished in the Mirage "Casey Jones" series.

caseyjonescq4.jpg

I have a copy at home that I can check tonight, unless someone looks it up earlier. Great page, Hari!

Checked out Gobbledygook from 1986, and it's not in it. The Turtles ad is for the Leonardo one-shot, and the return of the Foot.

The search continues.....

I have a copy at home that I can check tonight, unless someone looks it up earlier. Great page, Hari!

Checked out Gobbledygook from 1986, and it's not in it. The Turtles ad is for the Leonardo one-shot, and the return of the Foot.

The search continues.....

Well, it seems like I'll probably have to show it to Kevin Eastman the next time he's at a NYC show (probably the National). The artwork says 1985 on it, and there's a price on the back (40 bucks) from when it was originally sold. Kevin will probably remember.

Well, it seems like I'll probably have to show it to Kevin Eastman the next time he's at a NYC show (probably the National). The artwork says 1985 on it, and there's a price on the back (40 bucks) from when it was originally sold. Kevin will probably remember.

$40? 893whatthe.gif

The original sale prices of art often make me want to cry.

Kevin Eastman offers original TMNT artwork for sale through his Heavy Metal online store. He just posted original art from the "City at War" (Issue 50) series by he and Pete. Other TMNT works include complete books by Veitch, Talbot and Bissette and page art from Bode, Cerebus crossover, strip art etc.

http://www.metaltv.com

http://www.metaltv.com/category.cfm?category=OriginalArt

You can also read Kevins almost weekly "What's on my Brain" and communicate with him via the Heavy Metal message boards.