• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Buy has Cracked Case? Options?

13 posts in this topic

Folks,

I just received a 9.4 CGC'd Giant Size Spider-Man #6 with a cracked case. The lower left corner is lose and can be separated. The enclosed comic is in perfect shape--very nice with no problems. There's no impact damage to the Priority Box the comic was mailed in, so I can safely assume the crack was pre-existing. Also, the cracked CGC case was NOT described in the auction. What say you? Ask for a small refund?

V/R,

Mike

You could ask for a small refund, to help cover the costs of getting it reslabbed. If the seller doesn't budge, I'd not buy from them again...but are you willing to ship the book back? Or did you get a decent deal?

You could ask for a small refund, to help cover the costs of getting it reslabbed. If the seller doesn't budge, I'd not buy from them again...but are you willing to ship the book back? Or did you get a decent deal?

I'm happy with the deal, but I am disappointed about the cracked case. Honestly, I would probably still have paid about the same amount, but it's really the principle of not disclosing the details that bugs me.

I need to finally get my scans on one of the websites and start showing my recent additions...

V/R,

Mike

Well, if the picture doesn't indicate it in the auction maybe it did happen during shipping.

If the picture doesn't show the area then I get the complaint.

Lousy scan, Russell. It's a nice book, so I won't make much of a fuss.

V/R,

Mike

I would politely ask for $5 back to cover the damage and see what they say.

The seller was pretty cool and quickly responded with an offer for $10 bucks toward my next purchase. I'm chasing some more of his stuff, so this should be fine.

V/R,

Mike

If I read your post correctly the case is not cracked, but rather the outershell just popped a corner post, that correct? If so, pop a dot of super glue on the post and simply re-glue it.

A popped corner post is alot different then a slab with a crack in the plastic. Reholdering the book is not needed in my opinion.

On the other hand if it is a popped post send this thread to Steve or just call CGC and ask him if you mail it in, will they reholder it for free.

Ze-

I would politely ask for $5 back to cover the damage and see what they say.

The seller was pretty cool and quickly responded with an offer for $10 bucks toward my next purchase. I'm chasing some more of his stuff, so this should be fine.

V/R,

Mike

thumbsup2.gif Now send me 5 bux. insane.gif