• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back cover soiling - hints ?

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,I am looking to get this copy CGC'ed but the back cover has some soiling.

Is there a safe and easy way for me to clean this up or is it better left to a profession? Opinions?

Thanks!

LRC looks like a hanging chad. Looks like a scratch or something on Beast's hand. Line through the X in X-men is from the scanner.

Back has some soiling that this scan makes it look worse than it really is. Not much else. X-menGiant-Size1_front.jpg" width="702" height="1157" alt="X-menGiant-Size1_front.jpg" class="pic

ULC ding. Not sure what the horizontal line on the left (near wrist watches) is. X-menGiant-Size1_back.jpg" width="752" height="1034" alt="X-menGiant-Size1_back.jpg" class="pic

Matt Nelson can bring out the full potential on this book. He can clean (with a dry erasure that won't be construed as restoration) and optionally press out the wrinkles. Be forewarned there are strong opinions regarding pressing and full disclosure. I'm not your daddy and it's your book...your choice.

I don't know. It looks like the back cover wrinkles on this book could be pressed out effectively even though it's a square bound.

You could also just wonderbread the dirt along the spine or buy a white eraser at an art store that doesn't leave residue/fibers on the book?

You could also just wonderbread the dirt along the spine or buy a white eraser at an art store that doesn't leave residue/fibers on the book?

Would he rub the white bread on the dirt or would he leave it lay on the cover for a few days to absorb without rubbing?

Would he rub the white bread on the dirt or would he leave it lay on the cover for a few days to absorb without rubbing?

Forget the Wonder Bread. It doesn't work very well. Just get a white art eraser and erase with very light strokes.

The wrinkles on the back cover could be minimized with pressing. They probably won't go away completely, but they'll definitely be improved somewhat.