• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Artist's Choice.

41 posts in this topic

I have had decent experiences with Spencer over at "The Artist's Choice",

BUT . . . . . . .

The fact that the site has not had an update since July 5th 2006 is a bit long for a rep with such a huge list of artists.

He is the - "DIRECT EXCLUSIVE REPRESENTATIVE" for 68 artists & the "AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE" for 22 artists.

That is a total of 90 artists! And not a single update in over a month.

I've got money to spend, and I am sure the artists would appreciate some money in their pockets, so isn't an update in order?

I check every day, usually there are 3-4 updates a month, and there has been no mention of a "vacation" or "leave".

Spencer, you out there???

?????

I am pretty sure he has an email address on his site if you want these questions answered. In fact I am certain of it.

That would be the quickest way to have your concerns addressed without making it seem like Spencer has erred in some way. I know Spencer is selling art and answering emails every day because I just bought art from him and there was no delay in response time.

Contact him directly. That would get you your answer alot faster than posting to a board that I don't know if he is a member of...

Chris

PS I do know that during this time of the year art returns from Marvel and DC are slow to non-existent. I don't know if it is the convention season or some other reason, but since Spencer deals in new art, (and sells these art returns as they come in) there may not be very much of anything to update until the art returns do arrive. But again, he could answer this directly.

Clickhere,

I fail to see anything constructive that could come out of your post. From my P.O.V. , it just seems like you are trying to start something.

If you want something, just e-mail Spencer. He's great, extremely helpful, and easy to work with. - Keith Veronese

Unfortunately/fortunately Spencer has set the bar quite high, with regular updates several times a month, and for it to go this long without any updates is really kinda weird. For a rep with only a few artists, monthly/bi-monthly updates can be expected, but Spencer does rep 90 artists, that is a lot of art that becomes available.

I do check his sight daily, and even though he deals primarily in new art, often he will update an artist with older material (well last 20 years type old), and that can be quite good!

And on the occasion that he does take time off, he usually notifies on the "Whats New" section. No news.

So everyday, for the past 1+ months I check the site and think "When is another updating coming?".

That is why I posted. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed or was wondering the same way. It is a lot of artists for 1 rep.

And yes I do have Spencer's email, from a Feb. 06 purchase.

AND I realize that Spencer does this part time.

Hey what can I say, yes I am being impatient.

In regards to:

comix4fun - Good point in your PS. Maybe someone else around here can alert us as to why the returns are so slow in the summer months.

westform - Good point. Anyone other than Spencer that is. Don't you love the email notifications ala Fanfare & Burkey.

delekkerste - Boy you are a broken record. Anyway since you seem to know, or at least to talk about KK, does he collect modern art? I know I do, and in all honesty for more of a cost standpoint than anything. $500 - $1500 covers are fine by me, not 10K plus, or 100K plus for that matter.

Peace All.

I know Spencer banned a friend of mine for questioning his shipping rates to Canada.

I'll bet that there are a lot of these stories.

Really, all of the the art dealers have their quirks. They aren't there to be your friends and give you deals, they are there to sell art and make money for themselves or the artists they represent. And most of them work a full-time job and sell art in their spare time.

When I hear stories about a mean dealer not dealing with a person anymore for something stupid I figure that it is often a two way street.

I'm not saying that dealers, Spencer included, are perfect. But I'm sure there are stories from their perspective about how they don't like to deal with "person A" because they were rude, demanding, obnixious, etc.

I know Spencer banned a friend of mine for questioning his shipping rates to Canada.

No soup for you! The art Nazi!

Well, I just know I don't have a lot of credibility placed in you, lemur55, especially after all your lovely posts in the San Diego thread last week. Your claims fall on deaf ears.

No soup for you! The art Nazi!

Well, I just know I don't have a lot of credibility placed in you, lemur55, especially after all your lovely posts in the San Diego thread last week. Your claims fall on deaf ears.

Your not agreeing with the facts has no bearing on anybodys credibility.

Facts is facts. I make no claims. Just facts from personal experience. My personal experience with Mr. B was enough so that I will not do it again.

Why would I lie? What is my motive?

Read the posts again and try to figure out why you seem to be mad at me. There was a mix-up between consigner and dealer/seller. period. This was the majority opinion in the discussion. Party A and B. There was a miscommunixation. They admit to it.

I am sorry that you were not able to burn the buyer at the stake and drink his blood. Maybe next time. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif