• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crisis On Infinite Message Boards
6 6

1,204 posts in this topic

What did he die OF? Couch potatoness? Inquiring minds want to know!

This is a serious affliction affecting millions of Americans... I would appreciate a modicum of compassion towards the "potatoites among us... crazy.gif

What did he die OF? Was he suddenly poisoned? Killed by an angry mob? Die of too much cholesterol? Couch potatoness? Inquiring minds want to know! And what about the "mystery woman?" Where'd she come from?

The woman ran the mysterious boarding house. She had gone to get drinks for Lord Rawl and Dr. Gloom.

As for what he died of, we may never know. It's a mysterious place, this boarding house. I can say that it was most definitely unnatural causes. That rules out any weight issues. As for further resolution of this mystery, it may or may not ever be solved.

-- Joanna

Who cares how he died, let him rest in crabbiness. I'm ready to take his place... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dr. Gloom had crabs?!??!?? Oh man, that explains a lot ...

Do they actually have anything worth buying now? Aren't those silver age books on consignment and not subject to the sale? confused.gif
Depends if the seller wants it sold at 50%. I would buy a bunch if it was at 50%. Otherwise, it'll be a short visit before lunch! sumo.gif

Ooo. Look at all the evil recruits!

We'll be crushing the heros in no time!

MUHAHAAHAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAA

HAHA

HA

ha

heh

ahem

Now don't you know that architects should be seen but not heard? (Think about it -it actually makes Ayn Rand anti-sense!) grin.gif

Yeah, I know. Truth is, after the set-to with Joe Collector, I lost a little of my enthusiasm. I realized what a dangerous thing it is to write fiction that people can misinterpret. I never meant to imply anything about JC's physicality -- I have no way of knowing what he looks like, and have no reason or inclination to guess. If I could change what I wrote, I would in a hot second. But the boards don't let us edit past a certain time. Eventually, I plan to post a finished version, with editing and with a fleshed out beginning (as you know, this started as a lark, and only became a story after several posts). I'll definitely change any references to the size of the character Dr. Gloom in that version.

I never meant to hurt JC's feelings -- would never have purposefully done something like that. I just feel terrible that he read it that way. This story wasn't meant to cause anyone pain. And I'm a little worried that some other spontaneous, throw-away line could come back to haunt me in the future.

I'm not planning to quit. I'm just rethinking things.

-- Joanna

Joanna, there is no way you could have known that PUDDING really WAS grotesquely, morbidly CHOCOLATEY. It was an unfortunate coincidence that your RECIPE would hit so close to THE BOWL for PUDDING. Just let it be known that your RECIPE has touched the STOMACHS and BOWELS of millions around the KITCHEN and we will all wait for as long as it takes for you to MAKE MORE PUDDING.

In the meantime, we'll entertain ourselves by constructing a giant JELL-O MOLD with TAPIOCA PUDDING BOXES. Like, circus PUDDING big.

Khaos, you're just going to aggravate him and it's all going to come back on me. He feels it's my fault that people are making fat jokes about him, and indirectly, well, I guess it is. I had no idea this was going to happen. If I'd had even an inkling (and perhaps I was just naive, or maybe I just didn't see it as a big deal because it was fiction) I would never in a million years have put that in the story in regards to that character. But I've seen more than one fat joke now (not just talking to you, Khaos, my adored one) from several people. In the end, he has a certain right to blame me. And that just sucks.

-- Joanna

Khaos, you're just going to aggravate him and it's all going to come back on me. He feels it's my fault that people are making fat jokes about him, and indirectly, well, I guess it is. I had no idea this was going to happen. If I'd had even an inkling (and perhaps I was just naive, or maybe I just didn't see it as a big deal because it was fiction) I would never in a million years have put that in the story in regards to that character. But I've seen more than one fat joke now (not just talking to you, Khaos, my adored one) from several people. In the end, he has a certain right to blame me. And that just sucks.

-- Joanna

frown.gif

I apologize, Joanna. I will from now on only make DELICIOUS jokes about PUDDING. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Wait, that means "wish me luck" not "I'm crossing my fingers so the promise that I just made means absolutely nothing"... I promise. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

stooges.gif

I will even go back in time and change my post so that no one will be the wiser. We will pick up this conversation from the past in the past, only now it will be the future. confused.gif

I don't know what you're talking about, Greggy. In fact, if you go back and read my post from earlier, you will find that I said absolutely nothing offensive at all. angel.gif
Sigh...you pulled a Bug! 893naughty-thumb.gif