• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conan #1 Marvel.......common or no????

14 posts in this topic

given that there are 10+ copies of that book for sale at any given time on ebay, i didn't need to see 13 all at once to come to the conclusion that it isn't a hard book to find. this was a wildly popular character at the time and pretty much every marvel collector in the 70s/80s needed at least one copy of that book. I stopped at 2 though.

the $100 shipping is silly and don't give me the well it's 180 books and they must be insured [embarrassing lack of self control].

Conan #1s are certainly one of the most readily available Bronze Keys out there.

But it is also one the best books worth having from that time period too.

Good story, great art, and their numbers make them affordable to most

collectors. They're always in demand but usually not too pricey.

I love my single copy of #1. cloud9.gif

still need a nice #3 to finish out my BWS run. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Huh, didn't realize Conan 1 was that common to begin with. Glad I didn't buy that one for $150 a few weeks back.

Hey, unless you're trying to amass all the Church GA copies, comic books are a terrible place for scarcity. Virtually everything is as common as dirt.

Huh, didn't realize Conan 1 was that common to begin with. Glad I didn't buy that one for $150 a few weeks back.

Hey, unless you're trying to amass all the Church GA copies, comic books are a terrible place for scarcity. Virtually everything is as common as dirt.

Yes, Conan's are common...however I don't step on a copy every time I go out my front door. Common, Yes. Common as dirt, No. We still have to pay someone to pass a copy to us, they aren't normally given out for free by the shovel full.

And before JC can come back with the out of context retort....No, I don't step on any comics....period.... , when I walk out the door. tongue.gif

If you wanted to pick up a nice conan 1 for under $100 once a month for the last 5 years on ebay it would have been fairly easy to do so. just look how many are listed in any given week. you could then have 60 of them to show off. unless we're talking about some weird romance book or a price variant, any Marvel from the last 40 years was printed and collected in large quantities. You could do the same with any number of books from that era such as Iron Man 1, Silver Surfer 1, Nick Fury 1, Submariner 1, Iron Man/Subby 1, Defenders 1, etc. There's a reason why Marvel has been #1 for a long time, people have liked them and collected them for a long time. Are there lots of 9.6ses and 9.8ses? Perhaps not, mainly because it can be hard to preserve a comic so perfectly for 30-40 years.

Conan #1s are certainly one of the most readily available Bronze Keys out there.

But it is also one the best books worth having from that time period too.

Good story, great art, and their numbers make them affordable to most

collectors. They're always in demand but usually not too pricey.

I love my single copy of #1. cloud9.gif

still need a nice #3 to finish out my BWS run. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Well...I'm working on it too, slowly but surely. Congrats to only needing the #3 to complete your BWS run.