• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 3,000 Golden Age Collection/Pedigree Revealed in CBG

226 posts in this topic

Heck, I'm just happy I can post scans and my wife will save on those nasty Ebay photo fees.

Speaking of Ebay, this one is on as we speak.

I may be mistaken, but the free version of Photobucket has a limit of how many times it can be used in a month. To eliminate that as well as any size reductions etc, you can upgrade to the paid version for $25 per year. This also increases your stoarge limit to 5GB.

Keep em coming Jack. I saw some Superboy's in that group picture...wanna show some of them? cool.gif

RUFFY BALONKI is famous Lithuanian fighter from Wilkes-Barre, Pa. Home of Ham Fisher. The guy had an entire run of Joe Palooks but they don't get like this until the mid 40 issues. Wilkes-Barre also former home of yours truly. Williamsport is 60 miles away. Actually, the Little League World Series is set to open in Williamsport tomorrow I believe. My wife wants me off the computer.Now that I've learned how to post images, I'm like a kid in a candy store.

Jack joePalooka93fc.jpg

I may be mistaken, but the free version of Photobucket has a limit of how many times it can be used in a month. To eliminate that as well as any size reductions etc, you can upgrade to the paid version for $25 per year. This also increases your stoarge limit to 5GB.

I already signed up for the upgrade assuming I'd get carried away.

Keep em coming Jack. I saw some Superboy's in that group picture...wanna show some of them? cool.gif

I only have one scanned, but I'll be happy to show it. The #1 is probably only VG.

Jack superboy6.jpg

Wrong caption on last one.Here's the one with the guy getting a hot foot. Mistakes..Mistakes... OK, NOW I have to go. I guess sending scans is less controversial than talking about stuff. Praise the Lord for that.

Jack

Things were on track to make this my most controversial thread ever! 27_laughing.gif

I figured we were just a few posts away from 893censored-thumb.gif, name calling, maybe a FDQ exit and, with a little luck, a locked or removed thread. Would've been my first! acclaim.gif

Now you've ruined all that by posting cool images of some great comics and distracting everyone from the senseless fighting. 893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gifforeheadslap.gif

stooges.gifstooges.gifstooges.gif

Jack, you should post the copies of REFORM SCHOOL GIRL and Young Men #24 (or was it #26?).

Unfortunately when I bought the two Captain America #78s from the fellow that brokered the deal that you met. Reform School Girl had already fled. I first saw a smattering of the collection at small show in Scranton, Pennsylvania(Home of Edith Bunker's Cousin). A guy with an earing in his nose bought the Reform School Girl. That must have been before I even got there. The guy sold it the next day from what I hear. The fact that word was getting out made me have to make a rash decision that was the subject of 12 pages of exciting prose on this very board. There was a Young Men 24 and a 26 if I recall but they were VGVG+. He had some really nice early Silver Age also. Here's one.

Jack

MatalMen1.jpg

I already signed up for the upgrade assuming I'd get carried away.

I only have one scanned, but I'll be happy to show it. The #1 is probably only VG.

Jack superboy6.jpginsane.gifhail.gif

Things were on track to make this my most controversial thread ever! 27_laughing.gif

I figured we were just a few posts away from 893censored-thumb.gif, name calling, maybe a FDQ exit and, with a little luck, a locked or removed thread. Would've been my first! acclaim.gif

Now you've ruined all that by posting cool images of some great comics and distracting everyone from the senseless fighting.

I must say that the whole affair became a living HELL in a matter of moments. Mark must have taken a course in Psychiatry in College as somehow he calmed down the savage crowd that was calling for my head with some smooth talking. I think my Father even turned in his grave once or twice before we got to page 11.

Your post told it as it is though and made me laugh. Thanks.

Jack

Superman8.jpg

it seems to me however that the buyer is trying to sell them off

and make the greatest profit possible if he is worried about the

.75 cent charge for a larger picture.

the supersizing of an ebay scan is a joke. I'm glad we taught him better. Every cent counts especially when you are potentially selling hundreds of books. He has already said he is selling the ones he's not interested in.

Now you've ruined all that by posting cool images of some great comics and distracting everyone from the senseless fighting.

I must say that the whole affair became a living HELL in a matter of moments. Mark must have taken a course in Psychiatry in College as somehow he calmed down the savage crowd that was calling for my head with some smooth talking. I think my Father even turned in his grave once or twice before we got to page 11.

Your post told it as it is though and made me laugh. Thanks.

Jack

Superman8.jpg

Fiction Houses? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

2520f96e.jpg

Here's another which has a double cover. As far as further information and particulars on the acquisition and what was sold or not sold I am going to stop here.

Things are going so smoothly now would only be inviting trouble. Actually, Mark knows more than I do about the Family and stuff like that. I don't want to tread on the details of the deal any more than I have out of respect for the two fellows who brokered the deal to me. If one of them wanted to say something that would be up to them. I'll just post scans and stay out of trouble.Thanks.

Jack

it seems to me however that the buyer is trying to sell them off

and make the greatest profit possible if he is worried about the

.75 cent charge for a larger picture.

the supersizing of an ebay scan is a joke. I'm glad we taught him better. Every cent counts especially when you are potentially selling hundreds of books. He has already said he is selling the ones he's not interested in.

yes…i hol’ heartily agree. i’m glad he is not paying ebay for the super size.

just wanted to point out if he we’re new to ebay, small pics are not the way

to go.

thumbsup2.gif