• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MUST READ thread in the Water Cooler!!!

17 posts in this topic

Every once in a great while we are moved beyond words, beyond the accepted boundaries of logic and reason. The thread that Bug started in the Water Cooler, "This thread is about nothing" is a must read for those that have become jaded or disenchanted with the writings and teachings of conventional thinking.

Bug had created a monumental "tour-de-force", a masterpiece of creativity that must be read, absorbed, re-read, and hopefully adopted to our own personae with the latent potential, the message to impact our lives for the better as his post so obviously affected and influenced those that chose to participate in this once in a lifetime discourse of paramount significance.

I still have goose-bumps long after studying the thread!

893applaud-thumb.gif

I decided to start that thread based on a trip I made about 9 months ago to Botswana. I met a Shaman there that had been staring at the sky continuosly for 53 years. The retina's of his eyes had been fried by the sun decades ago, but he still continued to stare at the sky and ponder our existance. He was fed by the tribespeople twice daily with some kind of porridge like soup through a hollowed out reed. In return for their dedication to him, he would, about once a week, mumble a single word of incredible wisdom. I sat with him for 26 weeks straight, never leaving his side, just so I could listen to a full sentence of incredible insight from his inner knowledge. When he was finished, I realized that he had given me the "meaning of life" wrapped up in one incredible and amazing sentence. That sentence is what I used to start the thread mentioned above in the water cooler. I hope it does for you what it did for me.

Link

I decided to start that thread based on a trip I made about 9 months ago to Botswana. I met a Shaman there that had been staring at the sky continuosly for 53 years. The retina's of his eyes had been fried by the sun decades ago, but he still continued to stare at the sky and ponder our existance. He was fed by the tribespeople twice daily with some kind of porridge like soup through a hollowed out reed. In return for their dedication to him, he would, about once a week, mumble a single word of incredible wisdom. I sat with him for 26 weeks straight, never leaving his side, just so I could listen to a full sentence of incredible insight from his inner knowledge. When he was finished, I realized that he had given me the "meaning of life" wrapped up in one incredible and amazing sentence. That sentence is what I used to start the thread mentioned above in the water cooler. I hope it does for you what it did for me.

Link to the thread..

Yes im to lazy to look it up myself.

Bug, thank you. After your thread in the WC I feel like I know more of who I am, my place in the world and God's grand design. I feel like a better human being thanks to the insight that you have shown us and for that I am eternally grateful.

DAM

All things must have a beginning....

So I guess I'll just start it HERE

I'm NOTHING in the middle of nowhere

So why don't I just disappear?

Because NOTHING is something

And nowhere exists

It's not a location

Yet CONCEPT persists

NOTHING is something

Or is it more SUM?

Not a THING....something different

I think I'm just DUMB

NOTHING is something

And nowhere exists

So in the beginning.....

The concept persists. smirk.gif

Bug...your thread reminds me of the "Big Bang" theory on the creation of the known universe....Something from nothingness.... 893whatthe.gif

this...must...mean....

You are GOD.... shocked.gif.

Bug...your thread reminds me of the "Big Bang" theory on the creation of the known universe....Something from nothingness.... 893whatthe.gif

this...must...mean....

GOD is the existential result of the complete and absolute self-actualization of the human mind..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

this...must...mean....

Nah......just one of his "special needs" children. insane.gif

We all know the meaning of life is 42.

Yes, but by all that's holy, no one let POV know about this. I'm not sure his browser can contain the sheer magnitude of the insights found therein.