• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonCon - Does it Count?

36 posts in this topic

no it doesnt count -- last time i went was back in the late 90`s and i had my fill of chainmail , swords and klingons ---- just too darn expensive if your looking for comics for what you get for your "membership"

Hey guys,

I know DragonCon isn't technically a comic convention anymore, but lots of comic artists and dealers do show up. Is anybody else going?

I'm going to try and make it. Hopefully, Eric Powell brings some art with him and is on the floor when I am there. I plan on being there less than a couple of hours on Saturday.

September 1-4 in Atlanta.

Yes he is there. Guest include

Comics, Art, & Illustration:

Scott Allie

Dan Brereton

Peter David

Paul Dini

Ben Dunn

Larry Elmore

Al Feldstein

Phil Foglio

Bill Holbrook

Eva Hopkins

Adam Hughes

Brandon Scott Jerwa

Brandon Ragnar Johnson

Dan Jolley

Joseph Michael Linsner

David Mack

Don Maitz Marrus

John Mullaney

Ted Naifeh

George Pérez

Eric Powell

Don Rosa

Bill Sienkiewicz

Allison Sohn

Chris Staros

William 'Bill' Stout

Arthur Suydam

Mark Texeira

Gus Vasquez

Marv Wolfman

Last year was my first and last Dragon Con. I showed up around 3pm and waited for 3 hours to get my ticket. By time I got on the dealers' floor, I had less than 1 hour to look at comics. I was pissed. I went to everyone who was even a little bit responsible to complain and all that I got were some shrugged shoulders and half-hearted explanations about their volunteers.

I joined this forum last year to urge comic fans to boycott the show. I still support the idea, but I do it with a bit of sadness, because it is actually a worthwile con. The poor administration of it and the indifference toward attendees is inexcusable.

I do hope to get to the downtown parade through the streets. There will be many of the costumed attendees as well as a division of Stormtroopers. I won't let my anger get in the way of letting my daughter witness that spectacle.

i bought my ticket online as suggested by them and i was in less then 15 min..my buddy who didnt get his online was "inline" for 4 +hours..i didnt see one darn comic while i was there just have naked chicks and loyd kaufman (i love that guy) i guive those volunteers props there was what 20 plus thousand people there?i couldnt have done it...check out lipps down on dixie if your there..they are a awsome rocky horror acting troup

Its a great opportunity to get sketches and meet artists. Comic guys are stuck on a lower level and nothing too exciting.

Great point. The artists are about as accessible as they will be at any Con.

You going?

Probably not. Most of the dealers set up at local shows and I have 4 weeks in a row of comics starting in late october.

Which shows are you going to for those 4 weeks. I know Atlanta con is sometime in Nov, but what else is coming up?

You going?

Probably not. Most of the dealers set up at local shows and I have 4 weeks in a row of comics starting in late october.

Which shows are you going to for those 4 weeks. I know Atlanta con is sometime in Nov, but what else is coming up?

10/21 & 10/22 Nashville

10/28 Greenville

11/5 Atlanta

11/12 Charlotte

You going?

10/21 & 10/22 Nashville

10/28 Greenville

11/5 Atlanta

11/12 Charlotte

is powell still the only good guest at nashville?