• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC strike

240 posts in this topic

I missed the whole debacle.... frown.gif

JC's been pretty pizzy lately, but "we" (the boards) do tend to gang up on him a bit. I like alot of what he has to say but, most of the time, I don't like how he says it. He's insulted/taken cheap shots at me before, but that's his game; and I can handle it.

I realize alot of people on the boards don't like him. And, he certainly hasn't done anything to endear himself to us. However, he (when he's not in "attack/defense" mode) brings some leveity to some topics and he does have a great amount of knowledge about books (he's posted some great stuff in the BA forum regarding old ads, some great classic battles, etc...). Heck, I mostly agree with his 'negative posts' regarding comic movies (I tend to be pretty cynical towards them' especially before I see them).

As much as it pains me to say it (and not b/c of the insults he hurled at me, but more b/c of his general attitude towards the forum members), he actually is a pretty good contributor to the boards. Sometimes his cynicism is on-point and well-meaning.

I just wish he'd check out a few modern titles as there are some I think he'd enjoy. smile.gif

Also, I wish he'd tone it down the insults just a bit. Everyone that's on here is here for our love of the medium. And (based on my experience), in person, we're all good people that are fun to be around. I haven't met a forum member in person that I haven't thought was a good person.

Also, I wish he'd tone it down the insults just a bit. Everyone that's on here is here for our love of the medium. And (based on my experience), in person, we're all good people that are fun to be around. I haven't met a forum member in person that I haven't thought was a good person.

Yep. this I agree with

Who the [embarrassing lack of self control] cares? Really. Who cares? mad.gif

Are you talkin' to me??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yea, you talk'in to me!!!?????? sumo.gif

...Do I amuse you?.... confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

Why.......YES! yay.gif

...Did you #*&! my wife?...

Yesterday or today????893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

JC's been pretty pizzy lately, but "we" (the boards) do tend to gang up on him a bit.

27_laughing.gif You make it sound like there's been no provocation!

I think the folks on the boards are actually a pretty reasonable group of people. I've seen very little random or unwarranted picking on of an individual. When the boards consistently gang up on someone (e.g., JC, KK, Bugs, etc.), there's usually a good reason.

OK, two threads on this and I still have no freaking clue what happened. Can anyone give me the scoop of info without the side of sarcasm please?

1) ComicLink jumped into BlazingBob's for sale thread, and spammed it with a HUGE notice for his upcoming auctions, a duplicate of what he originally posted in his own thread.

2) A few voiced their displeasure using emoticons.

3) I popped in, and as usual, voiced what others were thinking and openly asked WTF CL was doing, hijacking Bob's thread with his SPAM.

4) Right after, I found CL's original auction post, saw some were jabbing him about his "case stickers" and asked him why he was spamming/hijacking other threads.

I get a strike, and CL gets off scot free... bizarre.

That's exactly what's happened, i read this thread yesterday and why also shocked by CL spam, and Bob's thread hijacking.

Then i saw that JC was on the thing and he said what everybody else was thinking.

JC is not the bad guy here. I don't understand the strike confused-smiley-013.gif

Everyone that's on here is here for our love of the medium. And (based on my experience), in person, we're all good people that are fun to be around. I haven't met a forum member in person that I haven't thought was a good person.

Hippie ! sign-rantpost.gif

Everyone that's on here is here for our love of the medium. And (based on my experience), in person, we're all good people that are fun to be around. I haven't met a forum member in person that I haven't thought was a good person.

Instigator

Instigator
Jerkette!!! tongue.gif

I missed it all too, so I cant comment first hand. But was it really as cut and dried as JC tells it here? What part of the story are we missing?

You're missing the part where Steve had to pull Mark's thread b/c of another round of JC's antics...when you act like an adolescent, you end up on a short leash. I would suggest JC attempt to act like an adult and drop the unending name-calling. thumbsup2.gif

This is what JC posted in the NEW congrats thread:

"Congrats guys, and I apologize for continuing the flame war those PESKY TROLLS ignited." As I stated before; He cannot leave well enough alone.

I stated that ANYBODY posting anything negative in that thread would get a strike.

I then found out AFTER I gave a warning to CL that JC posted something about CL in a CL thread. I gave him a strike. Period.

CL got a warning. That is what happens the 1st time. A strike is what happens the second time, we even added a new rule to the market place to stop this from happening again.

This was Bob's battle, if he choose to make it one, not JC's.

JC: you are welcome to be on the boards, but play by the rules. Stop name calling and insulting people and you will get along fine with the board members and the staff here. We do not mind criticisim (as you all know), but we have rules and you must abide by them or find another sandbox to play in.

So, JC, stop playing martyr, it does not suit you........

Hey, I just find it amusing that noted TROLLS like Deathlok and tth2 can literally do anything they please, with no threat of strikes, as long as it's aimed towards me.

But Deathlok threatens or insults a nice guy like Timulty and BAM, he's immediately suspended.

Do the math.

This is what JC posted in the NEW congrats thread:

"Congrats guys, and I apologize for continuing the flame war those PESKY TROLLS ignited." As I stated before; He cannot leave well enough alone.

I stated that ANYBODY posting anything negative in that thread would get a strike.

I then found out AFTER I gave a warning to CL that JC posted something about CL in a CL thread. I gave him a strike. Period.

CL got a warning. That is what happens the 1st time. A strike is what happens the second time, we even added a new rule to the market place to stop this from happening again.

This was Bob's battle, if he choose to make it one, not JC's.

JC: you are welcome to be on the boards, but play by the rules. Stop name calling and insulting people and you will get along fine with the board members and the staff here. We do not mind criticisim (as you all know), but we have rules and you must abide by them or find another sandbox to play in.

CL should have received a strike. What he did goes beyond unacceptable.

And as far as the other thread is concerned...JC does get trolled by the same posters regularly...are you saying he should just shut up and take it?

I know JC grates on the nerves...but I also know that what he dishes out comes back in spades...and rarely as clever despite the effort...

This was the wrong time to give a strike and does make you look like you favor some posters over others...

Jim

Jim-

Which of these lines from my post did you miss:

I stated that ANYBODY posting anything negative in that thread would get a strike

CL got a warning. That is what happens the 1st time. A strike is what happens the second time, we even added a new rule to the market place to stop this from happening again."

This was the wrong time to give a strike...

I agree with this and say to everyone - "Ask not why JC received a strike for this episode when he did not receive one for similar antics in the past, but rather, ask why he did not receive strikes for those episodes as well?" thumbsup2.gif

As opposed to JC, CL deserved a warning in lieu of a strike because CL does not have a long and sordid history on these boards of insulting others, flame wars, previous strikes, FDQ exits, multiple user ID's, etc., foreheadslap.gif

Where the hell have you been?! That's what JC does best.

BTW - what is the point of a strike? He's still here posting and he could care less what anybody here thinks about the way he posts.

Personally I could care less, but JC might get attacked so often if his comments weren't laced with insults.

JC will never change and why would he want to. He likes being the object of attention (good or bad).

I think the strike gets handed out in some cases for an accumulation of posts of a particular nature, and may not be judged merit worthy on the particular post that tips the balance. Sometimes it is a single post that draws lightning, but in JC's case, I think the character of the posts he's been making all week came into play.

That particular post was apparently just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Red

And as far as the other thread is concerned...JC does get trolled by the same posters regularly...are you saying he should just shut up and take it?

Did anyone else notice that all these flame-wars suddenly erupted right AFTER Deathlok rejoined the forums?

Coincidence?

Shadroch eggs me on from time to time, but I can take that, but tth2 is too much of a coward to troll without Deathlok, so I was free from his stupidity for a few months. I must say it was a great time, and although I did fire off from time to time, I felt more comfortable posting, without worrying which nitwit would troll me.

A few even commented on how "nice" I was being the last little while, when in reality, all that changed was that Deathlok was suspended, and tth2 was chicken without him.

Jim-

Which of these lines from my post did you miss:

I stated that ANYBODY posting anything negative in that thread would get a strike

CL got a warning. That is what happens the 1st time. A strike is what happens the second time, we even added a new rule to the market place to stop this from happening again."

I didn't miss it...just don't agree with the logic for the offense...

Sure...but the fact the guy is trolled is completely ignored...there was a long post count of this happening before the strike...

And I've seen people get first strikes on this Forum for far less than what CL did...I realize the first warning mantra but what he did goes beyond acceptable. A strike was called for but not given, to a guy who's a big supporter of CGC...that's the rub...

Jim

Where the hell have you been?! That's what JC does best.

BTW - what is the point of a strike? He's still here posting and he could care less what anybody here thinks about the way he posts.

Personally I could care less, but JC might get attacked so often if his comments weren't laced with insults.

JC will never change and why would he want to. He likes being the object of attention (good or bad).

I agree.

The man is a total attention seeker hence over 17000+ posts, which if anybody had the time or inclination would see that about 20% of them are probably fairly good, the rest being purile bouts of name calling fuelled by his fragile ego which ultimately craves constant attention.

That said all this is so very childish.

An outsider looking at all this crapola would be amazed to find this place is a forum to discuss all things comics.

confused-smiley-013.gif