• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help on new Timely/Captain America #52 purchase...trimmed????

26 posts in this topic

I happen to have a Cap #52 also. I'd say you can't conclude that it's trimmed based on the measurements alone - as mine measures basically the same as yours. Mine might be a hair wider (maybe 1/16" or so) depending on how you eyeball it at the spine, but that small difference could easily be a printing/binding variance. Fwiw the handful of Timely books I have that are earlier than this Cap are all substantially wider, so maybe they were getting smaller during this period.

Trimmed or not, I'd have bought a second copy for $50! Screaming deal.

I think it's trimmed only because when you have chips missing and other problems - and the edges are smooth - that usually means a trim job. The top edge really looks trimmed to me, I mean there's no raggedness at all, yet there's a big chip in the middle and the corner is very rough.

Still, for $50 you got a steal. Congrats.

Heck, I had a bunch of trimmed Centaurs and other GA books about 2 years back and they all sold for Guide or a little better. There are collectors who want books but can't pay big bucks. These types of books fill their needs.