• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INFINITE DC GA Humor Thread

96 posts in this topic

time for a few more posts...

A personal grail of mine, the 1st app. of Dodo & the Frog. Really difficult issue to find. This one is pretty hurt, but the only other copy I know of for sale is a "VG" on milehighs site, with logo tracing on the cover, which I hate. So until a nicer one comes along, this will have to do. I posted the interior pages where they 1st appear in the "1st app. panels thread"

1437177-fs18.jpg

1437177-fs18.jpg.940658d6c77e68ac73459b92a5d790c0.jpg

I LOVE this cover to death, and it was a tough one to track down. Its weird, certain issues you see all the time, like #26 posted earlier in the thread, but some like this just never come up for sale. Putting this un together is a lot trickier then I would have thought. I guess thats why so many were left on Ian's list in the last 75 he needed.

1437209-fs47.jpg

1437209-fs47.jpg.27a184c39a344fd4e0d0b8466f91438b.jpg

The cover reminds me of "The Ugly Chickens" by Howard Waldrop. Ever read it?

Jack

(which bird is Fenimore thinking about?)

here is a couple more for now...

I LOVE Holiday covers, and Thanksgiving images are much less common then Christmas & halloween.

1437207-fs29.jpg

Their second app. & 1st cover, and a BEAUTIFUL copy. I couldn't be happier with this one...

I'll bet I could be even happier with it than you could. flowerred.gif

Jack

Waldrop!!! One of my favorite writers. Probably the best writer you've never heard of. The government should pay him a salary just to write stories. For those of you who haven't read his work, I recommend you run out NOW and read some Waldrop.

And as a plug, a story of mine highly influenced by Waldrop's work.

Jack

Waldrop!!! One of my favorite writers. Probably the best writer you've never heard of. The government should pay him a salary just to write stories. For those of you who haven't read his work, I recommend you run out NOW and read some Waldrop.

In fact, relevant story is linked to that site.

The Ugly Chickens (with annoying page design)

Jack

Well, this title was an obsession waiting to happen. I always said if I happened across the 1954 issue (The true hardest, not the last issue as more common belief holds), I'd go for the run. Well I did, and I LOVE it! It doesn't hurt that it uses the "DC green" they used on a lot of their 50's books which I really like. Luckily its a really short run!

1449185-1954rudolph.jpg

1449185-1954rudolph.jpg.70d18fa9c7f4a671dc3b409068788faf.jpg

Well, this title was an obsession waiting to happen. I always said if I happened across the 1954 issue (The true hardest, not the last issue as more common belief holds), I'd go for the run. Well I did, and I LOVE it! It doesn't hurt that it uses the "DC green" they used on a lot of their 50's books which I really like. Luckily its a really short run!

1449185-1954rudolph.jpg

There is richness to that green that gives me goosebumps -- that's a terrific book!

Good luck getting the rest.

Peter Panda is really a difficult run to complete, the more I research it the more #15 came up as being one to the hardest issues to find. A lowgrade came up on ebay and I was able to win it for $2.24. So here, for less then the price of a new comic, is one of the most difficult mid 50's DC to find.

1470753-peterpanda15.jpg

So now it seems to me #4, 5, 6, 9 & 15 are the most difficult. This issue was also one of the few covers missing on Mike's DC cover archive, so I am going to email him this one.

1470753-peterpanda15.jpg.fd55de9d0b524129476a7f17761a1eac.jpg