• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,520 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2021 at 12:02 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Hope nobody minds if I drop a shameless plug for my good friends Ted and Lisa at Superworld Comics ... they just put up a complete run of raw Spider-Man comics in a pretty broad range of grades and price points, for anyone who's interested.

https://www.superworldcomics.com/newspideycollection/

Given that they're your close friends, how have you found their grading?  Feel free to PM me is you want.

On 9/16/2021 at 7:52 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Given that they're your close friends, how have you found their grading?  Feel free to PM me is you want.

I've met Ted a couple times at the Boston Fan Expo including when we used to get together for forum beers "dinners" and have purchased raw books from him a couple times. Super nice guy and really spot on with his grading. He's on the boards and has been running some recent sales threads like here: 

Thanks, guys.  I tried to snag one of the ASM's but may have missed it.

Update:  so I did "win" the ASM 32.  I appreciate all the input - I'm trying to get books at a certain grade and of course when they aren't slabbed we can have different points of view over whether a book is NM- or VFNM or whatever.

Edited by MattTheDuck
Update

On 9/16/2021 at 7:27 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Ted tends to specialize in raw books and he's been doing this for decades.  He's one of the most well-liked and well-respected dealers in the biz.  If you ever had a question about a particular book, based on the scan(s) he's providing and the grade he's assigned, he will take the time to examine the book up close and give you his honest assessment of what he's seeing.  Plus if you ever had an issue he'll make it right -- definitely a high-integrity, high-quality guy.  Can't recommend him and Lisa highly enough!

ted is aces.   deal with him with utter confidence.

On 9/16/2021 at 6:52 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I've known and purchased books at shows and via mail order from Ted for decades and I have ALWAYS had a positive experience! He's a dealer that I'm always happy to see set up at shows!!! If you have any concerns, I'm sure he has a return policy. Great guy, broad selection of books!

Edited by Frisco Larson

On ‎2021‎-‎09‎-‎18 at 6:26 PM, trmoore54 said:

My long ago sold 9.4 :headbang:

SPIDERMAN 63 CGC 9.4 OWW.jpg

Checked and see I sold my copy to PeterLovesGwen for $1120 in November 2010 (wow losing track of time didn't think it had been that long ago)...was probably top dollar at that time.  See on GPA a 9.4 sold for $4K Sept 2018.  A tough book in HG for sure.  And yeah Billy yours either looks better than 9.0 or is a very very strong 9.0.  Loved the perfect centering on mine.